Help finding carry "purse" for the wife

This is a discussion on Help finding carry "purse" for the wife within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone, So my wife just recently applied for her cpl, she is a Korean green card holder and we just recently gained the ability ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Aceoky
  • 1 Post By chiefjason
  • 1 Post By RockingGlock32
  • 1 Post By SasNW

Thread: Help finding carry "purse" for the wife

Help finding carry "purse" for the wife

Hey everyone,
    So my wife just recently applied for her cpl, she is a Korean green card holder and we just recently gained the ability for her to carry in Washington. Now she works the front desk of a hotel, late night, completely alone. She is literally the only employee on the grounds at midnight, which I absolutely hate. It took me a while to convince her to carry and with the recent arrests at her hotel she has finally decided she actually wants to have a gun with her. While I can't convince her to wear a holster all day at work, we have decided on hopefully a small over the shoulder bag for her to bring whenever she leaves the front desk.
    She is occasionally asked to look at issues in people's rooms, and being 22 years old, 5'8" and Weigh 130lbs and very weak, it would take no effort for any male above the age of 16 to simply pick her up and throw her in their room. So it needs to be something that doesn't take much effort or time to draw from. It also can't be large and would be best if it looked like possibly a small tool bag as she brings tools to the rooms.
    I am trading for a ruger lc9 tomorrow and that will be her carry gun once her cpl arrives. And I have checked through older posts and have been unable to find anything that fits. Thanks for any help

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    My wife uses the Galco line of purses. Just google Galco purses or gun purses.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

My wife loves hers she can't carry at work (she is a teacher) but carries where legal the purse is a great option and has a heavy wire through the strap to prevent a "cut and snatch"

Get them here:

GUN TOTE'N MAMAS - Concealed Carry Handbags by Gun Tote'n Mamas
    RockingGlock32 likes this.

My wife loves her Gun Tote'n Mamas purse.
    Aceoky likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

+1 on gun totn mamas they have a wide variety of purses to choose my wife loves purses she has 2 of these and 3 coach purses I have outfitted to carry a firearm. Some input, cross shoulder I find is the best because it would be hard to snatch a purse that goes cross shoulder.
    Aceoky likes this.

My wife owns Galco and gun totten Mammas and she is very happy with them. Grants leather made in Nevada is also another purse she buys for carry. Are you seeing a trend in my house. New gun new holster equals new purse for her. Once she got her CPL in California it was a big change in our life from wanting the chair that faces the door right down to we don't have enough ammunition. Has been a very interesting journey.

We have been married for fourty years and just the last four years has she become interested in carrying. She has always shot just never carried.

Great, thanks a lot for the suggestions guys. Looks like she'll be trying out a gun tote'n mamas purse as soon as her cpl is in
    Aceoky likes this.

Links