Summer Special II retention

This is a discussion on Summer Special II retention within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had a SS II for my G26 for a long time, and always been very happy with the level of retention that it provided. ...

Thread: Summer Special II retention

Summer Special II retention

I've had a SS II for my G26 for a long time, and always been very happy with the level of retention that it provided. Very snug fit, but not so tight that you have to pull real hard to get it out. I recently purchased one for my G19, and the gun is very loose in it. Lots of wiggle room. Is it normal for there to be this much variance from one holster to the next?

2. Remove Ads

I would say no, I use summer specials for most of my guns they all nice an snug, you can try to wet it and blow it dry might snug it up a little

And here's a little more background... I had the same problem for a SS II I bought for a 1911. When I called Sparks, they recommended that I bend in the steel reinforcement to make it tighter. Am I wrong for expecting better from a $100 holster from the most reputable name in the business?

If it makes any difference, I buy all my SS II's from Brownells.

Wow, I have been using milts summer specials for over twenty years never had a problem sorry to hear it

Yeah, I don't really care for that model, I prefer the VMII, however retention was never an issue when I carried in the SSII. Have you called Milt Sparks? I find them to be very caring & helpful with regards to their product. Good luck!

Just squeeze the top of the holster where the metal band is together a little then reinsert the weapon it allows you to adjust the level of retention you want. Simple fix and part of the design.
    Glock 17, Glock 26, Colt XSE, Colt 1991

Links