Anyone Familiar with Alien Gear Hybrid Holsters?

This is a discussion on Anyone Familiar with Alien Gear Hybrid Holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My brother is wanting to get a hybrid holster for his M&P 9c and came across a company called Alien Gear which I'd never heard ...

Thread: Anyone Familiar with Alien Gear Hybrid Holsters?

My brother is wanting to get a hybrid holster for his M&P 9c and came across a company called Alien Gear which I'd never heard of which is shocking because I love researching and talking about holsters. My first impressions from looking at the photos on the website is it appears to be really thick? Anyone familiar with these holsters or own one? Any suggestions for a hybrid? I told him go with either CrossBreed or Ozarks Holster Co.

Thanks,
    gNg
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Sponsor
    I can't speak much on those holsters, although I've read on another forum that they are very similar in design to the Old Faithful holsters. Some members said it appeared they were both owned by the same individual.

That being said, I do have a reccomendation for a hybrid holster. That would be SHTF Gear holsters at www.shtfgear.com, We are currently averaging 3 days from order to shipment, so pretty dang fast. You can check us out at www.shtfgear.com

Thanks!
    Clay

I've had one for about a month now. The leather is thicker than other brands, but it's comfortable. It's adjustable for ride depth, cant, and retention. It comes with a bag of extra parts if ever needed. Lifetime trade in on shells if you get another handgun. The kydex is good quality and the leather breaks in fairly quick. It took about a 1 1/2 weeks from the date I ordered to my door from Arkansas to Montana. The price and warranty are on the best parts. $29.98 before taxes and that comes "combat cut" without paying extra. Unfortunately, I don't any other hybrid to compare it to. I just know so far it's been worth not paying Crossbreed prices/wait so far.

After examining the holster a little more and a few YouTube videos we determined it was way to thick for concealed carry. With the added thickness of the leather, thicker kydex, and unnecessary retention screws it seemed ridiculous. And they hyped it up as if that was a good thing on their website. He ended up getting an Ozarks Holster Co. Hybrid, comes standard with horsehide and combat cut. $45 and free shipping. Thanks for the info it was much appreciated.
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Sponsored Links