KD Paddle Defender

This is a discussion on KD Paddle Defender within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi folks, Can anyone here give a review/opinion on the KD Paddle Defender holster? I've been looking for a paddle holster for my Glock 23 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KD Paddle Defender

KD Paddle Defender

Hi folks,
    Can anyone here give a review/opinion on the KD Paddle Defender holster? I've been looking for a paddle holster for my Glock 23 for ... a while.

This is my latest "discovery." Also, if anyone else has another recommendation for a paddle holster for this firearm; I'd love to hear it.

Oh, it is for concealment under a covering garment.

I appreciate any and all advice/recommendations/etc.

Thanks,
    GT

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have a K&D paddle holster for my Sig P239. I use it for my at home holster mostly, though I have carried in public with it. I have been very pleased with it. I searched for a while looking for a paddle holster to switch to when I get home. I work is corporate casual and when I get home I switch to jeans. I take off the Cochise IWB and move the 239 to the paddle and put it on my hip. If I leave the house after I get home I just make sure the the cover garment is not accidently tucked in and go.

Kevin does great work and the paddle is not exception. He uses the best materials and the quality of the materials shows. The paddle is adjustable for cant and I tried the other position, but I went back to the standard setup. Not a moments trouble from the paddle. It is fairly easy for the person wearing it to take off, but it is very unlikely someone could snatch it off or that it would accidently come off.

Expect to get a post from Air Force Shooter, he got one of the first paddles that Kevin made and I saw his post here and purchased my paddle because of his review. You can use the search function and find both my review and his.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Here I is:
    I have a paddle for my Bersa .380. It rides high and tight to my body. I'm in Florida and we don't wear a lot of clothes. Usually I wear cargo shorts and a flowered shirt one size larger than usual. No one has ever spotted my weapon, even cops.
    The paddle is comfortable and it's adjustable for slant and height.

Hope that helped

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Thanks folks! I've since found a bit more info from other owners of KD holsters; and, everything seems positive. I was nearly sold on the FIST paddle, but the price being double the KD holster ....

Good quality plus affordable is a hard combo to beat!

I'm also leaning towards a Beltman belt. However, I would like to have found a quality leather gun belt without a three or four week lag time after ordering. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    GT

I've got a Fist #2 OWB for my Browning BDM 9mm, and a K&D Laredo Defender OWB for my CZ P01. Both are excellent. The Fist is extremely quiet, while the K&D is a bit squeaky/noisy (though, brand new). Both fit well and are very well made. The Fist was $83 and the K&D was $60. OWB, not paddle.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I don't own one of the paddles, but I have K&D's Laredo Defender.
    I love the thing. One of if not the best holster I own.
    There are no problems in life too large to be handled by the use of small arms and high explosives

In god we trust, all others are suspects

$10.00 transfers in Houston, Texas

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GarynKY View Post
    I'm also leaning towards a Beltman belt. However, I would like to have found a quality leather gun belt without a three or four week lag time after ordering. Any ideas?
    Gary, I can't help you out with the length of time it takes to get a quality leather gun belt, but I can help you out with getting a quality gun belt in just a few days for a very reasonable price. I bought a Liger Gun Belt (this site has the best price I found and great service) a couple of months ago and have been very pleased with it. I wear it everyday with my corporate casual work clothes or with dress clothes. It looks very nice. I am still seeking the leather gun belt I want, and until I find it I will continue to wear the Liger. I recently (10 days or so ago) asked one of our leather artists about the belt I want and he said that the Liger was just fine. I want a gun belt made like a mechanics belt and no one that I have asked makes them.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I'd actually like a mechanic style gun belt with velcro...kind of like the underbelts for duty rigs....this guy makes them custom dr cmg...might be the ticket for you....

http://www.dragonleather.net/catalog.php?category=7

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    I'd actually like a mechanic style gun belt with velcro...kind of like the underbelts for duty rigs....this guy makes them custom dr cmg...might be the ticket for you....

http://www.dragonleather.net/catalog.php?category=7
    Thanks, I'll check with him and see what happens.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by GarynKY View Post

Thanks,
    GT
    The Gunnersalley "house" belts are beltman belts. I have been wearing one for 2 years and it's still in excellent shape. They respond to email pretty fast, you could check with them.

holster & gun belt

KD also makes nice gun belts. If you are ordering your paddle holster, why not order a matching belt too ? I did, when I ordered my Defender for my G19/ G 23, It should be here soon. Kevin advised last week he was just finishing up with my order.

VIP Member
    http://www.raftersgunleather.com/ is another good source for belts. I have 2 of their belts and love them. The first one was cowhide and last one was burgandy shark. The wait was about 3 weeks on the last one in October 06.

I have a belt from K&D. One of if not the nicest belts I own, actually too nice to wear . It's very dressy.
    I am going to order a Rafter Shark belt in the near future
    Attached Images
    Last edited by madecov; November 30th, 2006 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Pic added
    There are no problems in life too large to be handled by the use of small arms and high explosives

In god we trust, all others are suspects

$10.00 transfers in Houston, Texas

Can someone post the website for KD/ I would like to look at their paddle.

Assistant Administrator
    http://www.kdholsters.com/

Go to the OWB Defender page from the ''holsters/accessories'' link - and scroll down.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links