Sticky Holster (MD4) third day FAIL

This is a discussion on Sticky Holster (MD4) third day FAIL within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wife bought me a Sticky MD4 holster for compact guns of 3.5 inches (Ruger SR40C). I wore it the first day in Jeans and a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Sticky Holster (MD4) third day FAIL

Wife bought me a Sticky MD4 holster for compact guns of 3.5 inches (Ruger SR40C). I wore it the first day in Jeans and a standard belt no problem. Second day I had worn it all day long in Drawstring Shorts just around house and took it shopping to supermarket....NO PROBLEM. Third day went to Home Depot bought 12 bags of mulch loaded it in cart, loaded it in car.... NO PROBLEM. Sitting in the house.. door bell rings (UPS) Gun and holster just fall through pants?. Put my regular 3 Speed Holster back on. I will try again tomorrow with the Sticky Holster. For those who use Sticky Or Remora have you had a similar problem with wearing it in Jogging or B-Ball shorts?

I have no problems with mine at all.

Nope, no issues.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    no problem with my desantis nemesis. but i also have a smaller gun.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

I Think it might have shifted a little in my waistband. i find it od i was doing heavy lifting at Home depot, nothing happened . running to answer the UPS guy, it falls down. Will resume tomorrow. I guess i have to check for adjustment from time to time.

This is actually one of the things I can't wrap my head around with this style of holster. Once I lost my gun out of the holster in the couch, years ago and it was a cheapie sack of a holster(before I knew better). That wasn't a big deal, I was at my brother's house, he knows I carry etc. But it reinforced the fact that I won't ever be that guy that looses his gun in a theater or similar situations so I'm all for what works for each person, but I think I'd stick with something that is attached to the body with more than friction.

Take care!

Luke

Sticky is not for me...I like clips and loops......but whatever works for you.
    357and40 and southernwi like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Id never trust a loaded firearm in a holster to stay in my waistband without some sort of clip over my belt or some sort of retention to keep the holster in my pants with a manual grab of some sort.
    StormRhydr likes this.

Years before we had retention holsters I was rolling around an ally for 10 minutes fighting a car thief who we found out later was on PCP and Heroin. My gun fell out, my radio fell out, I did not drop my BUG ( Walther PPK) or my wallet. I kinda like active retention.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    Drawstring Shorts ... Gun and holster just fall through pants?.
    Yes, sometimes.

The SR40c is almost 7" long, and the holster (while sticky) isn't designed to grab onto a belt. So, it's relying on the pressures of the cloth against your skin, besides the sticky nature of the material. But it's important to realize that when you've got enough room and little enough friction on whatever "pants" (billowy cloth shaped like pants, as many "drawstring" type things are) you're all too likely to not have enough "stick" to keep it in place. Goes with the territory, sadly, with a holster that's (a) not in a pocket and (b) not designed to hold onto the belt. Nature of the beast.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

[misfire]
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Drawstring shorts aren't going to hold up a SR40c, it's just physics. I heated up my Remora, formed it around my 442, and cooled it. It isn't hand boned leather, but it aids in retention and holstering. It works with cargo shorts, jeans, khakis, and even my wife's workout tights (on her, not me ). Pistol mass still needs a little frictional force to counter gravity.
    Kennydale likes this.

I am a big fan of 3Speed Holster That one really lives up to my drawstring B-Ball shorts

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    Drawstring shorts aren't going to hold up a SR40c, it's just physics. I heated up my Remora, formed it around my 442, and cooled it. It isn't hand boned leather, but it aids in retention and holstering. It works with cargo shorts, jeans, khakis, and even my wife's workout tights (on her, not me ). Pistol mass still needs a little frictional force to counter gravity.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^agreed....have had 3 sticky holsters for over 8 months for 3 weapons....Glock 26, LCP and LC9. Never had any problems with any of these....however, they do require a "normal" amount of tension from a belt or pants band to remain absolutely stable and in place. ...Loose fitting shorts, pants, pajamas, etc...etc...may allow some movement...Sticky and Remora are designed for proper wearing tension....sounds as if you may be using it in a manner for which it is not designed......
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I keep a remora in my car for crossdraw while driving but would not trust for walking around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links