Lyon Defensive Concealment's Type D Minimalistic Light Bearing Holster

This is a discussion on Lyon Defensive Concealment's Type D Minimalistic Light Bearing Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey folks, Here are two teaser pics of the new Type D holster in OD Green by Lyon Defensive Concealment that I just received. These ...

Thread: Lyon Defensive Concealment's Type D Minimalistic Light Bearing Holster

Hey folks,

Here are two teaser pics of the new Type D holster in OD Green by Lyon Defensive Concealment that I just received.

These pictures are with my OD Gen 3 G29 with a Streamlight TLR-1S. I'll also have some pics of a black model with my RTF2 G17 later.

Bottom line, outstanding manufacturer communication and feedback, and quality work. The price and wait time is much, much better than your typical Raven, etc. Made locally in Colorado. Support an awesome start up holster maker behind enemy lines!

I'm writing a full review for another forum. I'll link it here when it's complete.

Two other reviews in the meantime:

http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/v...f=107&t=107991

http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/v...95823#p2395823

Facebook- https://www.facebook.com
    /LyonDefensiveConcealment

ArmsList with contact information- http://www.armslist.com/posts/170064...glock-holsters

If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Since the weapon is so bulky with the light on there, why not cover it the way most holsters do? I get minimalist holsters (I use a Fricke Zach holster at times) but this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

That said, the quality looks top notch.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quality looks great but I need a holster that will minimize the gunk potential in the entire firearm... So much lint on just the underside of a trigger in just one day and the trigger guard is 100% covered...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

It's not really that bulky. I wanted a clip design that was easy on and off. I don't like the iwb pancakes. Too much unnecessary weight and material. The Type D has a lot less material to dig into your side, and rides flusher to your side than the pull the dot tabs which always stick out a bit.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Quality looks great but I need a holster that will minimize the gunk potential in the entire firearm... So much lint on just the underside of a trigger in just one day and the trigger guard is 100% covered...
    You're going to get that with most holsters. Just keep an air duster can close by. I blow mine out every couple of days.

Dont want dust in my barrel ever. I will stick to Minotaur MTAC and Sparks VM2,
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Full(er) review here along with some other kydex goodies-

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108577

Sponsored Links