De santis the insider holster

This is a discussion on De santis the insider holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all! I have carried for a while now but always OWB. I just purchased an XDS and love the gun, when I bought it ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dben002
  • 1 Post By oneshot

Thread: De santis the insider holster

Hi all! I have carried for a while now but always OWB. I just purchased an XDS and love the gun, when I bought it the guy recommended a desantis "the Insider" IWB holster. Being new and it's low cost I got it however, it seems to ride way too deep and will not allow me to actually be able to grip the gun-is this normal or does this holster just suck? Thanks for any insight

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sm1979 View Post
    Hi all! I have carried for a while now but always OWB. I just purchased an XDS and love the gun, when I bought it the guy recommended a desantis "the Insider" IWB holster. Being new and it's low cost I got it however, it seems to ride way too deep and will not allow me to actually be able to grip the gun-is this normal or does this holster just suck? Thanks for any insight
    Most Desantis holster "suck" IMHO...Most all their IWB rigs ride way to low and you get just what you have experienced.
    I speak from experience...plus I have no idea what the hell kind of fabric they are made out of...feels like vinyl and shinny vinyl at that.....there cheap for a reason......stay away......
    Sister likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I think I bought that same, exact holster and had the exact same reaction to it. TOO LOW!!! Couldn't get a good, quick grip on the gun. so I sent it back and purchased a Galco Stow-N-Go from Optics Planet (a sponsor here...) for $26. It is higher ride, has a reinforced mouth and I just like it a lot. Easy draw and reinforced mouth allows safe, confident re-holstering.

I got one for my Glock G19 that also works for my G26 and another holster for my Taurus 605 5-shot 357 revolver. Love them all. Good products, good prices for quality leather holster I use almost all the time. NOTE: If you get this model (or ANY leather holster ) look at Galco's Draw Ez leather treatment for inside the holster. Makes a difference in ease of drawing gun. It does!
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I have a De Santis cozy partner for my M&P( compact,(IWB) and I love it. it feels good, the pistol rides good in there and it works.
    Its made of good quality leather like a Galco, and set me back $65.

My daughters BF has one as well for his M&P and likes it as well.
    Attached Images
    Stevew likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    I think I bought that same, exact holster and had the exact same reaction to it. TOO LOW!!! Couldn't get a good, quick grip on the gun. so I sent it back and purchased a Galco Stow-N-Go from Optics Planet (a sponsor here...) for $26. It is higher ride, has a reinforced mouth and I just like it a lot. Easy draw and reinforced mouth allows safe, confident re-holstering.

I got one for my Glock G19 that also works for my G26 and another holster for my Taurus 605 5-shot 357 revolver. Love them all. Good products, good prices for quality leather holster I use almost all the time. NOTE: If you get this model (or ANY leather holster ) look at Galco's Draw Ez leather treatment for inside the holster. Makes a difference in ease of drawing gun. It does!

Thanks for all the input....I stopped back in the gun shop today( i was actually waiting for them to open) and picked up the stow-n-go as well and am glad I did, perfect ride for me and very comfortable, wore it all day without an issue and seemed to mold really well already. Eventually will look into a more expensive better quality holster. Again thanks for all the input

I own De Santis IWB tucks for a 38,and a Ruger SR9C both are excellent holsters for me.
    That said a lot goes into what works and does not work for each person body shape and size is a big one.
    Next comes time Some holsters feel prefect day one but latter fail you , other don't seem right at first but grow on you.

Links