I have really grown to like paddle holsters

This is a discussion on I have really grown to like paddle holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have what most of you probably have, a box full of holsters that I bought and tried and found they didn't work like I ...

Thread: I have really grown to like paddle holsters

I have really grown to like paddle holsters

I have what most of you probably have, a box full of holsters that I bought and tried and found they didn't work like I wanted them to. They then got thrown into the box of crappy holsters. And over the years I have noticed I have progressed from belt holsters for OWB carry to paddle holsters. I was thinking about it the other day and I know why, but it isn't what I expected the reason to be. It has nothing to do with the ease of putting a paddle holster on or taking it off, it is because I find the paddle on the paddle holster makes the whole thing more stable. I find that a paddle holster is more stable than a belt holster. Even if I wear my belt super tight I can still feel a slight wobble most times with a belt holster. But with a paddle, to me anyway, it seems the paddle keeps everything more secure.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Same here. I have a few of the Blade Tech holsters which are awesome. They conceal almost as well as a leather pancake. They seem to draw a little nicer too. I wouldn't want to OC with a paddle though, since even the nicest models can be broken off pretty easily. I even have a Fobus for my PM9 that is pretty decent. Everyone knocks them, but I've had it for years without a problem. It conceals really well for a paddle.

Fobus lists the full size Ruger SR's but not the compact models. They were highly recommended to me but they don't seem to the right fit. Maybe the HK2 fits but i am not sure

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I have what most of you probably have, a box full of holsters that I bought and tried and found they didn't work like I wanted them to. They then got thrown into the box of crappy holsters. And over the years I have noticed I have progressed from belt holsters for OWB carry to paddle holsters. I was thinking about it the other day and I know why, but it isn't what I expected the reason to be. It has nothing to do with the ease of putting a paddle holster on or taking it off, it is because I find the paddle on the paddle holster makes the whole thing more stable. I find that a paddle holster is more stable than a belt holster. Even if I wear my belt super tight I can still feel a slight wobble most times with a belt holster. But with a paddle, to me anyway, it seems the paddle keeps everything more secure.
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    Same here. I have a few of the Blade Tech holsters which are awesome. They conceal almost as well as a leather pancake. They seem to draw a little nicer too. I wouldn't want to OC with a paddle though, since even the nicest models can be broken off pretty easily. I even have a Fobus for my PM9 that is pretty decent. Everyone knocks them, but I've had it for years without a problem. It conceals really well for a paddle.
    agreed
    my favorite holsters are my Comp-Tac paddles, for all of the above reasons
    and they seem to be made sturdy enough that I don't think they could be broken off
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

For a quick trip to the mailbox 200 yards away maybe but... I have a High Noon paddle holster that's a great holster but really starts hurting my hip in just a few minutes? Another one that keeps my other mistakes company in the ole cardboard box. I'll bet that box has at least $1,000.00 worth of holsters I was dissatisfied with!
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    For a quick trip to the mailbox 200 yards away maybe but... I have a High Noon paddle holster that's a great holster but really starts hurting my hip in just a few minutes? Another one that keeps my other mistakes company in the ole cardboard box. I'll bet that box has at least $1,000.00 worth of holsters I was dissatisfied with!
    Got any mistakes in that box that would fit a 4" 1911 or Kahr PM9?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    I'm not to age yet where a paddle holster hurts my hip Dennis. You must be a very old and bony fellow. Just kidding. I can see how a paddle could be uncomfortable to some. They aren't to me. And I have actually had good success with Fobus holsters as well. I think they work pretty well for concealed carry but I also wouldn't open carry in one. In fact, I only open carry in a Level II holster, like the SERPA. And I have and do open carry in a SERPA paddle. Mainly because one of our instructors once picked me up, off my feet by the grip of a blue gun Glock that was holstered in a SERPA on my right hip as a demonstration to a class we were teaching. That kind of surprised me and impressed me at the same time. I'm sure you could break a SERPA but I have not seen it happen yet.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links