RKBA Holsters Review

This is a discussion on RKBA Holsters Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, Guys & Gals, I recently ordered 3 RKBA holsters. 1 for a J frame Snubby, 1 for a keltec P3AT, and 1 for a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kennydale

Thread: RKBA Holsters Review

RKBA Holsters Review

Well, Guys & Gals, I recently ordered 3 RKBA holsters. 1 for a J frame Snubby, 1 for a keltec P3AT, and 1 for a ruger LCP. They came in today.

I had been using a pocket holster by R.L. Grahm, of Portland. And that holster is a work of art. I think Grahm is out of business now, so I asked here, and someone recommended the RKBA holsters.

I have the Ruger LCP in the new holster, in my pocket as I type. Overall impressions of all three holsters are that they are well thought out, fit each weapon well, and look like they should hold up for some long time.

The ONE thing that I didnt like about my old Grahm holster, was that it was slick finished leather on both sides. And that would slide around in ones pockets. So this time around, I got at least one side of each holster done in rough finish leather.

The rough finish leather does seem to help on that score.

Contact was excellent from RKBA. Stephan kept me updated, and turned out a great product, for a very reasonable price.

These new holsters are not "Works of art". But I knew that when I ordered them. There is not much way to make roughed leather look as pretty as a lacqured holster. They are functionally designed to get the job done, and well made. And sometimes, that might be better than "a work of art". In my case, I think I made the right choice.

I would absolutely recommend these holsters.

Storm

2. Remove Ads

Pics Please !
    blitzburgh likes this.

I'm happy with my many RKBA holsters too. Not the prettiest holsters but they are functional and mine are for pocket carry so function must and should come over form.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I bought them on YOUR advice, rammer, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I'm happy with my many RKBA holsters too. Not the prettiest holsters but they are functional and mine are for pocket carry so function must and should come over form.

Will see about pics soon.

Links