Foxx Holsters - Affordable quality!

This is a discussion on Foxx Holsters - Affordable quality! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to Foxx Holsters of Warren, MI. I ordered a couple of their hybrids and a little foxx ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Foxx Holsters - Affordable quality!

Foxx Holsters - Affordable quality!

Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to Foxx Holsters of Warren, MI.

I ordered a couple of their hybrids and a little foxx for my wife and myself recently and I must say they are great value for money. Quality construction and super-comfortable. I have my Shield on my hip in the little foxx right now and after wearing it the whole day it's still not bothering me. More than I can say for some others I've tried.

So if you're in the market for a kydex/leather rig, don't want to wait 2+ weeks and are on a budget, check out:

Home
    British by birth. American by choice.

2. Remove Ads

I have a couple Foxx holsters. They are great to do business with and they are quick!

I notice they have Gunbelts, and grips too. At a decent price. G-d bless America. hard work and capitalism works. Always glad to see a small company grow.

I too will give shout out to Foxx. great company!

Hopefully you don't mind a little thread jacking, but has anyone tried their belts. Seems like a pretty good price at 30 some bucks.

I havn't tried their belts yet but am looking to order a couple soon along with some mag carriers.

My current belt is awesome but my ever expanding self isn't leaving much room for the gun in there!

I'll let you know what I think when I get them.

I'm going to get the wife a Little Foxx for her Shield 9. My only concern is I've heard that the leather backing is a bit rough some have gone so far as to compare it to a sand paper like feel in some reviews I've read. Do you find any truth to this?
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

I use Foxx holsters for my Glocks and 1911. My Glock holster has had 5 months of EDC use and is the most comfortable one I've tried (yes I had a drawer full of holsters). For $39 it's really hard to beat.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    I use Foxx holsters for my Glocks and 1911. My Glock holster has had 5 months of EDC use and is the most comfortable one I've tried (yes I had a drawer full of holsters). For $39 it's really hard to beat.
    Hey DetChris greetings from Detroit! lol So I take it the leather backing is comfortable? Was it rough when you first got it or no?
    DetChris likes this.
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Good recommendation. I like buying from small American companies whenever I can.

The black leather backing on the 3 holsters I received were all quite smooth and not at all uncomfortable against bare skin.

I, too, read about people comparing it to sandpaper. Might be a case of "squeaky wheel" and they got unlucky. All I can say is mine are not at all abrasive.

Looks like a good company and products, I am about to need a new belt , I need to check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    Hey DetChris greetings from Detroit! lol So I take it the leather backing is comfortable? Was it rough when you first got it or no?
    Hey! The leather backing is a touch on the rough side but I frequently wear it against bare skin. It's not that bad but definitely more comfortable with an inner shirt

I got a Little Foxx for my g27. It's okay, but the kydex is too close to the edges of the leather, so it doesn't 'break in' very well. I wear mine AIWB, so for a 3:00 or 3:30 it's probably fantastic. But with my belly being too big, I end up with the top and bottom of the leather cutting into my leg and belly by the end of the day.

But it's cheap, and 'okay'. I don't feel like i got ripped off, but when I can afford something better, I'll get it. I have another pistol, night sights for three, and spare mags to buy before I buy another AIWB holster though, so it's good enough to use until you can find something better.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Good to see all these reviews. I was looking at their website and am considering a hybrid for my 1911 (I have a crossbreed for my revolver), and thought about getting the trapp for when the new XDs comes in... Anyone have any experience with the trapp? Comparisons in general between this and like crossbreed?
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links