Belts! Help me spend my money! Beltman vs bullhide

This is a discussion on Belts! Help me spend my money! Beltman vs bullhide within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys looking for a GOOD leather gun belt. I'm 5-8" 140 so I'm pretty thin, I have a kydex reinforced riggers belt but it's ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Belts! Help me spend my money! Beltman vs bullhide

Hey guys looking for a GOOD leather gun belt. I'm 5-8" 140 so I'm pretty thin, I have a kydex reinforced riggers belt but it's just too stinking big and the kydex makes it too thick. I saw this belt http://www.bullhidebelts.com/assets/...0871smooth.jpg and it looked like a good option... Any experience with this belt or company? I know beltman is top of the line however I'd rather not wait 30-40 days if the bullhide is just as good. Thanks guys!

I've had a Beltman belt for about 6 months now and love it. They told me the belt would take 30 days to arrive but it was more like 2.5 - 3 weeks. Great quality.
    Eagleks likes this.

FWIW I just purchased my second beltman belt. I purchased a black one about 3 years ago still looks great and is holding up wonderfully so I had to buy a brown one. I chose the quick ship ones.

I have no experience w/the company in question.
    Fan45acp likes this.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Quote Originally Posted by IXOYE View Post
    Hey guys looking for a GOOD leather gun belt. I'm 5-8" 140 so I'm pretty thin, I have a kydex reinforced riggers belt but it's just too stinking big and the kydex makes it too thick. I saw this belt http://www.bullhidebelts.com/assets/...0871smooth.jpg and it looked like a good option... Any experience with this belt or company? I know beltman is top of the line however I'd rather not wait 30-40 days if the bullhide is just as good. Thanks guys!
    I had both belts and sent the Bullhide back. 'nuff said.

GeorgiaCarry
    frankma likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have several belt of different styles and colors from Bullhide. These are VERY heavy duty and well made. I have no complaints with any of them. Delivery to me is about a week and emails about my order are prompt. I have bought several for my family and recommend them to all my friends.

I have no association with this company, just a very satisfied customer.

I've had three Beltman belts for the past 7+ years and have loved the quality. Two in 1.5" width, one in 1.25" width, all dual-hide. Very good quality. After years of daily use, the two "gun" (1.5" wide) belts have started to go a tad softer, though they're still completely capable of carrying all day, every day. Just replaced with a similar belt from Armour Belts. It's even stiffer than the Beltman belts were, a bit thicker, double-stitched.

As for belts from Bullhidebelts, a search of prior discussions finds the following:

What belt are YOU using for CCW?
    Dress Gun Belt
    Ready to ship dress gun belt?
    need CC belt for dress and docker-type pants
    need CC belt for dress and docker-type pants
    Belts?
    Looper Gun Belts
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    My beltman just passed its fourth year and it looks almost new. It is without a doubt the most comfortable belt I have ever owned and I've owned a lot of them.
    Eagleks likes this.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Both the Beltman and Bullhide make a good belt. However, if you try one of these Armour Belts , you'll never use anything else again. A much better gun belt than Bullhide or Beltman. If you're absolutely stuck on one of these two, I would go with the Beltman.
    Mikedare likes this.

I like my beltman belt. Was reasonably priced, delivered fast, and has held up well.

Don't have experience with the other.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Bought a Bullhide Belt - don't like it. Kept it because it is what I ordered, and it reminds me why I won't buy another. I get my best belts from A&G Custom Gunleather (Quality Hand Crafted Leather Belts Made One at a Time | AG Custom Gun LeatherAG Custom Gun Leather) in Gainsville, GA.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

If you are looking for a great belt without the long wait take a look at Armour Belts.

Armour Belts

I have two belts from BullhideBelts.com and am happy with them. They're very well constructed and extremely stiff. When I need another one I'll probably try an Armour one but not from any issues with the ones I have. They ship very quickly and will make sure you're happy. I realize they're a big company and not a small boutique place but it's hard to fault their stuff.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member
    Got a belt from White Hat with my new rig and it has made all the difference. Stiff enough to hold everything in place, and still comfortable for everyday wear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

I wear a Beltman, needed fast, so got one of the "Quick Ship" as previously mentioned.
    Excellent Product & Service! Super nice people.
    Last edited by Primalgunner; August 5th, 2013 at 11:43 AM.

In the minority with a Bullhide belt. Very happy with it. Six months so far and going strong. If you carry IWB, I recomend taking the option for the notches to be spaced half as far apart. This allows for finer adjustment when switching between different pistols or not carrying IWB when you have to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links