Scrubs carry

Scrubs carry

This is a discussion on Scrubs carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gentlemen and Ladies: Requesting ideas for carrying a small pistol while the individual is wearing scrubs....no belt, scrubs are lightweight material. Scrub top is camp ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Scrubs carry

Scrubs carry

Gentlemen and Ladies:

Requesting ideas for carrying a small pistol while the individual is wearing scrubs....no belt, scrubs are lightweight material. Scrub top is camp style; square cut on bottom, does not tuck in.

Thank you.

Ankle carry. You can carry much larger than youd think. Easily a J frame, or Glock 26. Or, of course, a .380 pocket pistol.

VIP Member
    Belly Band
    Sister, perfection and MrsHB like this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sounds like the perfect application for a "Smart Carry".
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Belly band is one. Open top scrub shirt might reveal it, though. SmartCarry is another and has its own belt and elastic so no problem with loose-fitting pants. One last suggestion would be http://www.pistolwear.com/ which has an elastic belt (like a SmartCarry) to hold itself up without a real belt plus it has a flap and magnetic button to hold it closed over the pocket with pistol in it. It's a slooow draw, IMO, but would solve your scrubs problem and allow carry without anything else to hold your weapon secure. It's marketed more for active wear but should be something to look at.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

A belly band type holster is going to be easier and faster to access than an ankle gun. I recommend: http://www.smartcarry.com/

With ankle holsters, you have be aware if how easy it is to expose the gun. Sitting down, taking a weird step and other things pull your pant leg up and expose the gun if you're not careful. With the smart carry, the gun can rest below the belt line, so even if your shirt were lifted, the gun would still be concealed.
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home. Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor. RSO. Travelin' Man.

If your scrubs have a drawstring;I suggest a Remora worn against the skin, not between the scrubs and your underwear. The drawstring and the adhesion of the Remora to your skin will holster the rig quite well.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    I would go with either ankle holster or belly band. I think they would be your best bet

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Another vote for the Smartcarry.

Either that, or an AR over the shoulder.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Can you wear a t-shirt under the scrub top? If so a "holster shirt" might be an option, i think 5.11 makes them.

Depending on the environment you're entering, you might need to take great care to clean/disinfect your gun and rig regularly. A frequently-used bellyband or ankle holster is a great way to carry bacteria everywhere.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Never tried one, but I think I would opt for the Smart Carry. A belly band was my first thought, but I think there would be too much chance to knock against things, or people, when you are leaning over patients. (I am assuming you are in the medical profession)
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I wear Dickies scrubs with a belt (they have belt loops) top untucked. This could give you some other options.
    Sister likes this.

I don't wear scrubs but I just ordered one of the Pistol Wear Trump Card holsters. That's a workable setup for anybody.
    NRA Life Member
    Ruger SP101 in .357, Glock 22,
    S&W 637-2 .38spl, Bersa Thunder .380,
    NAA .22Mag, Winchester Defender 12g 3" mag.
    Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r, Sears .22LR bolt action.

I am assuming you are male but if you are female take a look at flashbang holsters. I have no idea if they work but its an idea. I also recommend a remora I wear one with gym shorts and walk my dog all the time. I prefer to wear an undershirt and sandwich it between the undershirt and shorts, I do not like the feel of the rermora material against my skin. I also sometimes wear my small frame revolver in an upside down shoulder holster, super comfortable and can conceal it under almost any baggy shirt but it does flop around some.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links