Thigh rigs - Remora, slipping

This is a discussion on Thigh rigs - Remora, slipping within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I tried out my Remora thigh rig the last time I was out on a backpacking trip. It is their combo ankle/thigh system with the ...

Thread: Thigh rigs - Remora, slipping

Thigh rigs - Remora, slipping

I tried out my Remora thigh rig the last time I was out on a backpacking trip. It is their combo ankle/thigh system with the stretchy band. I couldn't keep the rig from falling. It would stay for a few minutes but when I would get up and move around it would immediately start to drop and I'd have to re-position it.

Has anyone used this configuration and come up with a method for keeping it from falling? I don't wear a belt backpacking because it digs in too much with my waist belt on the pack cinched tight. I use a real small kernmantle rope (1/16"-3/32" or so) with a friction knot instead. That is what prompted the thigh rig, but I can't keep it in one spot. The other side of it is I don't like the pressure of the band = reduces circulation down my leg.

Any ideas?

2. Remove Ads

There is a video by the girl who does a very comprehensive Remora holster video and other stuff. She goes by Falia Photography and you could probably look for her on YouTube. She did a thigh holster (custom rig) video I saw once and hers had a garter attached higher up If I remember correctly. It was a well done video (all of hers are...) and she seemed happy with her thigh rig. This might give you something to go with or at least a source for getting something made custom for you.

Have you talked to Alan (or someone) at Remora about this problem? They might have suggestions/solution for you.

Good luck.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

There is a video by the girl who does a very comprehensive Remora holster video and other stuff. She goes by Falia Photography
    That's Limatunes.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Links