M-7 shoulder holsters

This is a discussion on M-7 shoulder holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/LEG195-45504-2109.html This holster is not neccessarily an option for concealed carry because of the strap that goes accross the chest, unless it was gonna be ...

Thread: M-7 shoulder holsters

M-7 shoulder holsters

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/LEG195-45504-2109.html

This holster is not neccessarily an option for concealed carry because of the strap that goes accross the chest, unless it was gonna be worn say under a western snap-button shirt, but I found it online and was wondering if anyone had opinions on it, that is just one example, most of the reproductions seem to be about the same price. I know that the style was used by the U.S. Military for a long time.

I am not intending to use it as a CC rig, more as a walk in the woods/working on the ranch/backup hunting rig. It says that it would also hold either my 1911A1 or Peacemaker, which would definately be a plus. So if anyone knows any downsides about the style of holster or has any experience with the recent reproductions I'd like to hear about it. Thanks for the input.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    While I was in the Army, I "found" one. We used them for the 45 cal and then the Beretta 9mm. Only for field duty. they are excellent at holding the pistol close into your side very securely. Once you locked it down properly, nothing was going to get it out. It freed up both hands to do what ever job needed to be done. It was mostly issued to people that lived or worked in close areas, tankers, track drivers, mechanics. One for just walking around in the woods is great, my PT-99 has been living in it for the last 15 years. As for concealed carry, not real good, like you said, it has the strap across the chest. I use mine when we visit the range or under my coveralls when hunting deer.

Problem...A 'Two' Hander...

Sounds great for hunting....not for CC...it's not just the strap across the chest, but I do believe that it would take both hands to remove or reholster your weapon.

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Actually you can run the chest strap extended out and pull it across your upper shoulder and back to the strap the holster hangs on. I used one of these set up that way when I first carried a 1911 in the Army concealed while my Jackass rig was on order. Its pretty comfortable and I still use it during hunting season if I'm carrying a 1911.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Links