Cross draw holster for concealed carry

This is a discussion on Cross draw holster for concealed carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, my preferred way to carry is cross draw style. I'm right handed so holster would go on left side. I find it very natural ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By tmise
  • 1 Post By Wunderneun
  • 2 Post By RoadKill
  • 1 Post By 12 gauge

Thread: Cross draw holster for concealed carry

Hi, my preferred way to carry is cross draw style. I'm right handed so holster would go on left side. I find it very natural to draw from this position versus reaching around to the 5 oclock position for example. Also very comfortable and easy to get to while sitting in car. Looking for a good cross draw holster for a Glock 32 and would appreciate anyone's input, thank you!
    ArmyCop likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    If you think about it, just about any OWB pancake or belt slide holster will work as a crossdraw. It's even canted most of the time. Same for IWB.

I use several of mine this way depending upon what I'm wearing or where I'm going.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

I'm not a holster expert and there are many on this website who qualify...that said from what I've seen there aren't many crossdraw fans. I personally have the same issues with the 3 thru 5 positions and have found crossdraw very comfortable as you said. There are some holsters that have an ability to adjust their cant to almost anything or at least a range +15 -15 from neutral. There are some makers that have crossdraw holsters for sale. I'm sure with a glock you won't have a problem. How much do you want to spend, what kind of material leather/kydex/nylon, retention system?

I have ordered a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder which is a popular leather lined kydex holster which can adjust to any cant you want for under $100. Before I knew much about holsters I ordered a crossdraw from an internet company called Falco (made somewhere in eastern europe ). The holster I received wasn't stiff enough to qualify as a good holster but interestingly it has about a 40-45 degree crossdraw cant which turns out to be wonderful for sitting, very comfortable and easy to access. Another holster I had for a revolver had about a 15 degree cant, that was a pretty good holster for under $1oo Lobo Gun Leather, but I don't know if they have crossdraws for auto loaders like your glock.

I believe some of the prime name popular leather holster makers Milt Sparks, Rosen, Alessi have crossdraw holsters but these companies range into the $150 holster range.

Quote Originally Posted by tmise View Post
    Hi, my preferred way to carry is cross draw style. I'm right handed so holster would go on left side. I find it very natural to draw from this position versus reaching around to the 5 oclock position for example. Also very comfortable and easy to get to while sitting in car. Looking for a good cross draw holster for a Glock 32 and would appreciate anyone's input, thank you!
    I expect you're seeking recommendations, because when I googled -galco cross draw holster - then switched to the images page of the search, I got many choices for autos including other brands, too. If you're on a reasonable budget you should be happy with a Galco, then graduate to the expensive brands over time - which won't do anything the Galco doesn't.
    Red (Richard) Nichols
    "Chief Holster Scientist"

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Red_.../about_us.html

Thanks for the input. I think a 45 degree cant would be just about perfect. Did see one called the Sky Cop which i think The Glock Store carries, looks like a nice one. Will definately check out the others as you mentioned as well. I'm sure i will have quite a few before its all said and done. I understand there arent many crossdraw fans but it of course is to each their own. I like it because it feels the most comfortable to draw from, comfortable while seated and easy access.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Posting this because I'm just curious to see what you finally buy.
    I like the cross draw method but so far have not found a holster I'd be happy with for that.
    My EDC (starting tomorrow) will be a S&W Model 60 pro (3" barrel) revolver.
    For God, Family and Country!

Check out FIST. They have a crossdraw model that pivots (push locking button) to parallel for use while sitting in a car.
    GhostMaker and StormRhydr like this.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd taken better care of myself when I was younger

Tried the Fist......? Didn't' work right for me. I use a Silent Thunder in the cross draw configuration. Very comfortable!
    ArmyCop likes this.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

If like most everyone else I will probably have a box of holsters before it's all said and done. Even have seen some nice custom holsters made with snakeskin, etc...that look real nice. I've seen the Fist before but looks like it has a 90 degree cant in the vertical position and don't want that. The Sky Cop that I mentioned is specifically made for the air marshals to wear cross draw and has a good cant for being seated. So that's a possibility. Will check out the Silent Thunder as well.

Sponsored Links