CrossBreed Modular Belly Band - intial impressions and questions

This is a discussion on CrossBreed Modular Belly Band - intial impressions and questions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received my CrossBreed Modular Belly Band in the mail and have some initial comments and questions. Anybody else tried these? At first I ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tcox4freedom
  • 1 Post By ShooterGranny

Thread: CrossBreed Modular Belly Band - intial impressions and questions

I just received my CrossBreed Modular Belly Band in the mail and have some initial comments and questions. Anybody else tried these? At first I was confused. Couldn't figure out which way to put it on. After solving that, I found that I was too small for the "up to 52"" size I ordered.

They only have a choice for "up to 34"" and "up to 52"" on their website. I am maybe 38" waist so apparently I fall between? See, with the "up to 52"" I have, I can't get it tight enough while still utilizing the double Velcro feature. There is both a panel of hook Velcro and a panel of loop Velcro at each end, so that's why I say double Velcro. When I get it the right amount of tightness, one of the ends of the band has a hook panel that is just hanging there with no loop panel to attach to. Hope I'm making sense. Anyhow, this causes it to be a little less secure than I would like.

They send an extra piece of loop Velcro with it that has adhesive on the back of it so that you can put the holster module anywhere you want. Maybe I should just use this piece to solve my problem of a hook panel having nothing to attach to? It wasn't made for that, but maybe it would work?

Also, the holster module doesn't seem that secure to me. I'm not sure that I'm convinced that Velcro is a good way to secure the holster module because it can come off more easily than I would like for it to. Perhaps I could get it in the exact spot I want and then find a way to permanently affix it somehow? But then that kind of defeats the purpose of paying $63.90 (after shipping) for this holster when I already have a homemade/modified belly band that is almost as good and was a total cost of $24 to me. When I wear it at waist level IWB with the gun at 4:30, the pants seem to hold the modular holster on pretty good. But that seems kind of iffy. I would like it to be able to hold it securely on it's own, in case I am wearing something like elastic banded shorts or whatever.

I will say that the retention is quite perfect, from what I can tell so far. I have only worn it a half day but it went well enough, I guess. I am interested in your thoughts and will try to keep an open mind and report my findings.

P.S. I love that it has 2 extra mag pouches and a handcuff pouch which could be used to store cash, etc.

BellyBandMainImage.jpg
    BellyBand1.jpg
    BellyBand2.jpg
    Last edited by perfection; August 8th, 2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: added pics

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Thanks for the review. I've been thinking about getting one of these. I run between 44 & 48 inches in the waist depending on my health. I recently began wearing a neoprene support belt almost everyday for back pain. But, it interferes with me carrying my CBST. I thought this make help me kill to birds with one stone.

-
    perfection likes this.

Interesting product. Thanks for posting.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

VIP Member

Thumbs down Worse than useless for me

Quote Originally Posted by perfection View Post
    Anybody else tried these?
    I ordered one of these belly band holsters and waited over 3 months for it to arrive. I have two IWB holsters: One Kydex and one Bianchi soft suede, both of which I use on a daily basis, but need a belt to keep them tucked close in to my body. I was hoping the belly band holster would be useful to wear when I was wearing pants without belt loops.

WRONG.

This thing is most definitely not made for women's bodies! In fact, the customer service rep I talked to at Crossbreed said she couldn't wear it either. The belly band part was OK, but as soon as I tried to attach the holster it flops forward -out, toward a person facing me, not sideways toward my belly button. Because my body is "round" rather than "flat" the Velcro on the holster only partially connected to the band and even when the holster part was under my pants (trousers to you guys) the thing STILL flopped almost straight out!

The only way I could use it at all was to put a belt over it. DUH. And it still stuck out way more than either my Kydex or my suede Bianchi!

I would have offered the thing to my husband but the band was only up to 34" and his waist is 38" and he didn't like the looks of it anyway.

There was no notice on their web site about this not being suitable for women's bodies. After paying their rather high shipping charge and then having to pay to return the thing I do not have a good feeling about this company at all.

I know that there are a few women who are built like men and perhaps this would work for them. There is also a guy that we shoot with who has a waist and hips more like a woman and he uses the same drop holster I use for weekly competition shoots because it works better for him.

I know there are not as many of "us" who carry 24/7 as there are of "you guys" but I think it would be helpful if you would all spread the word that this holster will not work for women. You can save people shipping costs both ways.

Happy shootin' y'all..........
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; August 10th, 2013 at 09:22 PM. Reason: spelling error
    perfection likes this.

Go on to YouTube & check out the Tacti Pac fusion IWB Holster there is a video by Anthony, The Company's owner on this great holster. I love mine for my XD40 Gun. for $80.00 bucks + free delivery. Best $$$$$$$ Iv'e ever spent

Links