Garrett ST Fusion Kydex "J" clips - Part 2 ( Customer Service)

This is a discussion on Garrett ST Fusion Kydex "J" clips - Part 2 ( Customer Service) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I posted this just a little over a month ago; Code: I just got my Garrett Silent Thunder Fusion holster. First off I've got to ...

Thread: Garrett ST Fusion Kydex "J" clips - Part 2 ( Customer Service)

Garrett ST Fusion Kydex "J" clips - Part 2 ( Customer Service)

I posted this just a little over a month ago;

Code:
    I just got my Garrett Silent Thunder Fusion holster. First off I've got to say the service from Garrett Industries was great. Only 17 days from date of order to date of delivery. By any standard that's pretty quick for a custom made holster. The quality of the leather and Kydex is top notch as is the workmanship. The stitching is well done, strong and pleasing to the eye. This holster is the most comfortable holster I've had the opportunity to wear. Although I have not had many holsters, I can honestly say after a few hours I almost forgot it was there. In and out of my vehicles was easy, with no adjusting or discomfort. Something I can't say for my old holster.

Now here is the reason for my post. Although the holster is great, I'm having a some misgivings about ordering the "J" clips. The one to the rear of the holster near the grip of the gun hits my knuckle when I draw. Also I am not able to get the cant I'm looking for. The clips seem to sag under my belt. I like the holster so I plan to wear for a while before I do anything, but I'm sure I'll want to modify it. I know there are other manufacturers of Kydex clips out there I can purchase, and that's an option. Maybe "C" clips would work better for me. But I'm thinking of drilling an additional hole in the clip near the pistol grip to raise that side of the holster to increase cant and l get the clip away from my hand. I would also like the gun a little higher out of the waist band, but with this clip I will lose cant if I adjust that.

My question is has anyone done this? And if so were there any problems? I'm worried about splitting or flat out breaking the Kydex. Also if I don't like the mod and I return it to the original position, will the new hole weaken the clip causing it to break?
    Well i contacted Garrett and explained the situation, and I accepted full responsibility for ordering clips that I'm not happy with. I simply asked for options, yesterday I received new standard clips free of charge! I just wanted to let those of you who have not delt with Garrett Industries, or may be considering it that their customer service is outstanding! From the time I placed my order over the phone (extremely courteous) until now, I have received nothing but great, friendly, speedy service. Thanks Garrett.

Nuff said!

2. Remove Ads

They're great to deal with! They've made me a customer for life.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    They're great to deal with! They've made me a customer for life.
    ++1

Links