Smartcarry - Page 2

Smartcarry

This is a discussion on Smartcarry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; congrats. I really think the smart carry is one of the most versatile holsters I have ever bought, and most that poo-hoo them haven't tried ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smartcarry

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    congrats. I really think the smart carry is one of the most versatile holsters I have ever bought, and most that poo-hoo them haven't tried one.
    I like and use mine often.
    One good thing is the gun weight is not hooked to your belt or pants and doesn't pull your pants down at all. If anyone that carries and happens to have a gut ...big or small...know what I mean.
    The smart carry actually helps keep the pants up....and helps keep your shirt tucked in and looking nice.
    Also you can wear it with sweats/running pants/shirts etc.
    outstanding product, and IMO you made a great decision.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

VIP Member
    +1 jowgafist!

Thanks for the video... that sure wraps it up!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I remembered reading about Smart Carry on this forum today after going out and about on errands.

For several reasons, an IWB holster just doesn't always work for me; the gut causes printing under a t-shirt and I don't always want to have to wear two layers. (I'm working on the gut problem... but that's a different thread ).

So I got home, found this thread, and you guys have convinced me to give it a try, so I put in my order for a Smart Carry. You're right; Charlie is a real breath of fresh air to deal with after putting up with phone-menu purgatory and extremely impersonal service everywhere else it seems.

Apparently he hadn't heard of CombatCarry, when he asked how I'd heard about him. He also recommended "USconcealedCarry.com". That's one I hadn't heard of.
    "A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims." - Ayn Rand, The Nature of Government, 1964

VIP Member
    I agree with snowdoctor. I use my smartcarry during work where i cant conceal owb or iwb. I used it during a church function where i had to wear a nice shirt tucked in. I only carry a s&w 642 so its easy to conceal. but even it prints if i dont have it just right. As far as sitting , I almost forget its even there, but with a larger gun , i'm sure it coulod be uncomfortable. The Smartcarry is a must have for those special occasions when you cant wear a jacket or another kind of cover and especially have to tuck in a shirt. The way its designed , it's actually alot more comfortable and the gun is more accessible with the shirt tucked in..I love mine............

jwb
    One thing not mentioned, which I have found convenient with SC, is the ability to position the gun in multiple places around the body. Often, when driving, I find that I can put my gun in a cross draw position...making it easier to reach. Also, when bicycling...it functions well in the small of the back position.

Not for every use, but versatile.

Thanks for giving me the info on CombatCarry.com!

Quote Originally Posted by TattooWings View Post
    I remembered reading about Smart Carry on this forum today after going out and about on errands.

For several reasons, an IWB holster just doesn't always work for me; the gut causes printing under a t-shirt and I don't always want to have to wear two layers. (I'm working on the gut problem... but that's a different thread ).

So I got home, found this thread, and you guys have convinced me to give it a try, so I put in my order for a Smart Carry. You're right; Charlie is a real breath of fresh air to deal with after putting up with phone-menu purgatory and extremely impersonal service everywhere else it seems.

Apparently he hadn't heard of CombatCarry, when he asked how I'd heard about him. He also recommended "USconcealedCarry.com". That's one I hadn't heard of.
    And here's the link to U.S. Concealed Carry Association: <a href:"http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/" target="new"> USCCA. Like CombatCarry, you have to register to read or post, but it's well worth it. Thanks again for your order, and now it's back to packing (this time, orders!) or yours won't ship tomorrow!

Charlie

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Charlie! great to have you on cc.com!!!
    I love your product and have used it almost two years now.
    glad to have you on the forum
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Senior Moderator
    Charlie,

Thanks for making Smartcarry. With out it I wouldn't be able to carry most of the time.

Charlie--Welcome to CombatCarry from up on the lake...Erie that is.

Not because of that welcome that I just did, rather because I do use SmartCarry. Up to a Sig 229 no problem carrying, and it is comfortable. That's as big as I go in pistols so can't speak beyond this size.

No Charlie I don't use it 100 % but certainly glad I have it
    The Second Amendment ...The Original Homeland Security..NRA ...
    "to make money is great ...to make friends is greater ...to make both is the greatest" ...Rege Cordic
    "the first task of doing good is to avoid doing bad"...The Bancroft Strategy

[

hey Charlie glad to have you in the forum

Welcome Charlie

My smartcarry holster works great all summer and when around the house. Great solution for me.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

VIP Member
    Welcome Charley. I'm headn out the door now to work (packing) .The way i dress for work, I couldnt be carrying without my Smartcarry..

got my smartcarry today i've been practicing with it all night...so far i like...we'll see how it goes tomorrow at work

question for all the smartcarry users...how tight should i have the strapping it around my hips? or how tight do where yours I guess it's more like it?

Senior Moderator
    I wear mine tight but not uncomfortably tight. I guess snug, tighter than I would wear a belt. I wear mine to work everyday and haven't had any problems. You will have to work out you're on system to pee.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links