Defensive Carry banner

Smartcarry

4K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  Thumper 
#1 ·
Just ordered it via tele since it wasn't available at the gun show:rolleyes: . Charlie was very helpful and easy to talk to. I expect it to arrive this Friday:banana: if not Monday:hand10:
RJVA and THUMPER, again if I run in to any problems, I'm coming after ya'll:tongue: lol

#2 ·
I order from Charlie about 6 months ago. I found that smartcarry works so well that it is now my primary means of carrying. I seldom use IWB any more. I think you made a smart choice.

#4 ·
I've heard that Smartcarry is great when standing or walking, but sitting can be uncomfortable. I'm skeptical because it just seems that having your CCW in front and sitting, for instance while driving wouldn't be very practical, especially for extended periods. How does it work for you when driving, or sitting in church or something?

#8 ·
LOL, that's hilarious. Depends on if they're both loaded or not.

#6 ·
The downside to Smartcarry is presentation time and at times, comfort. However, I don't think anyone ever advertised Smartcarry to be a quick draw holster, and it is excellent at deep concealment, which I think is the intent. I much prefer strong side IWB or a rear pocket holster, but, I'll never be without a belly band or SmartCarry .. they're just too versatile.

That said, I've found that a large firearm with the SC can be a bit painful at times, but .. if you use a medium to small firearm, and allow it to hang at just the right length (I prefer it to be over my left thigh), it'll "fold" as you sit. You'll need to practice a bit and adjust things down there some, but it does work. Of course, YMMV. Good luck.

Tony

#7 ·
ultra carry?

How does it work for a kimber ultra carry?I've never tried one but it just seems like it would be really uncomfortable to wear,plus it seems like it would really print,how about wearing jeans?I keep getting a picture in my mind a guy reaching in his pants,which gun is he reaching for? sj :biggrin2:

#11 ·
Like any form of carry, practice, practice, practice! (with an empty gun!) Like anything else, it also takes a little time to get used to it. :wink:

Yes, to me it's faster than an ankle rig. I only use an ankle rig for a BUG, not primary carry.

Smartcarry or Thunderwear is for those with a specific need for deep concealment. During those times, these holsters work exactly for what they are designed for. A little common sense here... obviously they don't compare to IWB or OWB holsters and no comparison should be made. Any deep concealment holster is going to be harder to get to! That's why it's important to practice with it. It's just one of many forms of carry, each with their own trade-offs. :yup:

It’s a simple design and one I feel is worth having as an option. Personally, I don’t use mine but one day a week at church.

When you absolutely can not be discovered, I think Smartcarry/Thunderwear is a very good option! :hand10:

#16 ·
congrats. I really think the smart carry is one of the most versatile holsters I have ever bought, and most that poo-hoo them haven't tried one.
I like and use mine often.
One good thing is the gun weight is not hooked to your belt or pants and doesn't pull your pants down at all. If anyone that carries and happens to have a gut ...big or small...know what I mean.
The smart carry actually helps keep the pants up....and helps keep your shirt tucked in and looking nice.
Also you can wear it with sweats/running pants/shirts etc.
outstanding product, and IMO you made a great decision.

#17 ·
+1 jowgafist!

Thanks for the video... that sure wraps it up! :rofl:

#18 ·
I remembered reading about Smart Carry on this forum today after going out and about on errands.

For several reasons, an IWB holster just doesn't always work for me; the gut causes printing under a t-shirt and I don't always want to have to wear two layers. (I'm working on the gut problem... but that's a different thread :embarassed: ).

So I got home, found this thread, and you guys have convinced me to give it a try, so I put in my order for a Smart Carry. You're right; Charlie is a real breath of fresh air to deal with after putting up with phone-menu purgatory and extremely impersonal service everywhere else it seems.

Apparently he hadn't heard of CombatCarry, when he asked how I'd heard about him. He also recommended "USconcealedCarry.com". That's one I hadn't heard of.

#21 ·
Thanks for giving me the info on CombatCarry.com!

And here's the link to U.S. Concealed Carry Association: <a href:"http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/" target="new"> USCCA. Like CombatCarry, you have to register to read or post, but it's well worth it. Thanks again for your order, and now it's back to packing (this time, orders!) or yours won't ship tomorrow! :smile:

Charlie

#19 ·
I agree with snowdoctor. I use my smartcarry during work where i cant conceal owb or iwb. I used it during a church function where i had to wear a nice shirt tucked in. I only carry a s&w 642 so its easy to conceal. but even it prints if i dont have it just right. As far as sitting , I almost forget its even there, but with a larger gun , i'm sure it coulod be uncomfortable. The Smartcarry is a must have for those special occasions when you cant wear a jacket or another kind of cover and especially have to tuck in a shirt. The way its designed , it's actually alot more comfortable and the gun is more accessible with the shirt tucked in..I love mine............

#20 ·
One thing not mentioned, which I have found convenient with SC, is the ability to position the gun in multiple places around the body. Often, when driving, I find that I can put my gun in a cross draw position...making it easier to reach. Also, when bicycling...it functions well in the small of the back position.

Not for every use, but versatile.

#22 ·
Charlie! great to have you on cc.com!!!
I love your product and have used it almost two years now.
glad to have you on the forum

#23 ·
Charlie,

Thanks for making Smartcarry. With out it I wouldn't be able to carry most of the time.

#24 ·
Charlie--Welcome to CombatCarry from up on the lake...Erie that is.

Not because of that welcome that I just did, rather because I do use SmartCarry. Up to a Sig 229 no problem carrying, and it is comfortable. That's as big as I go in pistols so can't speak beyond this size.

No Charlie I don't use it 100 % but certainly glad I have it

#30 ·
I wear mine tight but not uncomfortably tight. I guess snug, tighter than I would wear a belt. I wear mine to work everyday and haven't had any problems. You will have to work out you're on system to pee.

#32 ·
I wear mine across the hips kinda wear a seatbelt is suppose to go on your pelvic bone. The only thing is when I lean forward the barrel hits the chair and pushes into me gut. To remendy this I slocth or sit up on the edge of the chair. :rolleyes:

#33 ·
:danceban: ok i did it, just unzipped slightly moved the holster about an inch to the right and viola I'm in business...lol I didn't pee all over myself so that's good thing...once i let go of the holster it moved back to it's place...so far so good...tonight will be the real test when I hit the gym then kung fu...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.