I modified an ankle holster to make it a thigh holster for a Glock 26

This is a discussion on I modified an ankle holster to make it a thigh holster for a Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I really needed a thigh holster for the times when I wear a dress. The trouble is, I carry a Glock 26, and I needed ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 7 Post By Lees
  • 1 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By welder516
  • 1 Post By Lees

Thread: I modified an ankle holster to make it a thigh holster for a Glock 26

I modified an ankle holster to make it a thigh holster for a Glock 26

I really needed a thigh holster for the times when I wear a dress. The trouble is, I carry a Glock 26, and I needed something very secure and that would guard the trigger well.

I had this in the works for a while, got it done, and tested it out. Finally I made a video about it to show how I did it. It was really easy, I just switched out the calf support for a waist support that I made myself, and added an extra strap. It is very secure and I'm really happy that I can carry my G26 while wearing a dress.

Here is the video: Crossbreed Ankle Holster Modification To Women's Thigh Holster - YouTube
    Snub44, Aceoky, ArmyCop and 4 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

MJK
    Well done!
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Agreed - well done! Once again, necessity is the mother of invention.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Good job... Does my heart good to see the ladies taking steps to defend themselves, and with a G26 no less.. Awesome! Stay alert and stay safe.

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Lead Moderator
    That is a great idea for those that need it, congrats, maybe you shoud try and protect your design somehow...
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing. Only thing I don't like is the sound of the velcro. I wonder if one could mod a N82 type holster, or if N82 could make something like this. Perhaps it might work for you to contact them and share your design and maybe get on board helping them design one for females.

The N82 design uses polycarbonate and a twist type retention and thus no velcro.

VIP Member
    A great idea , But now i understand why it takes women so long to get ready to go out
    DJC7 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Good stuff! I don't have sound here at work so you may have covered this in the video, but how easily are you able to draw when it's on the inside of your thigh? Looks like it could get interesting.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    Good stuff! I don't have sound here at work so you may have covered this in the video, but how easily are you able to draw when it's on the inside of your thigh? Looks like it could get interesting.
    I would think it would take about the same time to draw as an ankle holster . But i think the element of surprise would be a BG's un-doing.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    I would think it would take about the same time to draw as an ankle holster . But i think the element of surprise would be a BG's un-doing.
    Lol, yes, hopefully it would be surprising, and not in a good way.

It's definitely not a quick draw when it's on the inner thigh, but it's quicker (for me) than drawing from a purse. I guess that about sums it up. My husband says that at the least if we're out together and it came down to it then I'll be his "New York reload."
    welder516 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lees View Post
    Lol, yes, hopefully it would be surprising, and not in a good way.

It's definitely not a quick draw when it's on the inner thigh, but it's quicker (for me) than drawing from a purse. I guess that about sums it up. My husband says that at the least if we're out together and it came down to it then I'll be his "New York reload."
    Yeah, in an earlier life I tried that argument once and all I got was a sneer.

Seriously, that setup shows a bit of ingenuity. Thumbs up.

Links