Hot Off the Press! My new DIY IWB Tuckable Holster

This is a discussion on Hot Off the Press! My new DIY IWB Tuckable Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been carefully working on this do-it-yourself holster for a few weeks. Today, I finally got the hardware to finish putting it together. The only ...

Thread: Hot Off the Press! My new DIY IWB Tuckable Holster

Hot Off the Press! My new DIY IWB Tuckable Holster

I've been carefully working on this do-it-yourself holster for a few weeks. Today, I finally got the hardware to finish putting it together. The only thing left to do is clean up the edges on the horsehide. The materials ended up costing a little more than half the price of one of the popular tuckable brands and I have enough leather and hardware left over to make a mag holder.

DIY IWB Holster 001.jpgDIY IWB Holster 003.jpg
    “When they come--stay calm. It's a cannon!!!!!!!"

2. Remove Ads

Sand the edges to round them off. Then burnish it with saddle soap, glycerin soap, or possibly wax. You can use an old plastic toothbrush handle to burnish. There are tools for all these things, but I'm assuming you are where I started off and don't have any of the dedicated tools.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Looks good. I tried to win a bid on a used crossbreed supertuck a few days ago on ebay. It wasn't for my gun but looked like it would be easy enough to reform what little spots on the kydex needed changed but trying to lowball bids doesn't work out every time :)
    You did a good job on your imitation there.
    NRA Life Member
    Ruger SP101 in .357, Glock 22,
    S&W 637-2 .38spl, Bersa Thunder .380,
    NAA .22Mag, Winchester Defender 12g 3" mag.
    Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r, Sears .22LR bolt action.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy1960 View Post
    Looks good. I tried to win a bid on a used crossbreed supertuck a few days ago on ebay. It wasn't for my gun but looked like it would be easy enough to reform what little spots on the kydex needed changed but trying to lowball bids doesn't work out every time :)
    You did a good job on your imitation there.
    Forget about holster science, Randy: it's time for you to learn about the other kind of "sniper" ( Auction Sniper: eBay Sniper and eBay Bidding snipe, bid sniping for eBay ). You'll never lose again on eBay -- assuming you already know how to gamble.

VIP Member
    Nice effort. As a suggestion to improve draw grip, you might try losing the leather between the front strap and the top pants line. It will eliminate beating your knuckles against the sweat shield when you quickly grasp your gun.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Links