Remora Holster Review

Remora Holster Review

This is a discussion on Remora Holster Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Alright folks, I finally broke down and bought two Remora holsters for my Ruger SR9c and my wife’s NRA edition Ruger LC9. My only holster ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By robhic

Thread: Remora Holster Review

Remora Holster Review

Alright folks, I finally broke down and bought two Remora holsters for my Ruger SR9c and my wife’s NRA edition Ruger LC9. My only holster was a VersaCarry, which I like yet it is very limiting in that you can not reholster the gun without removing the VersaCarry from your belt...plus there is no protection for the gun except a trigger guard. At this point, I would like to share with you how much I love my new Remora holster with the reinforced top and sweat guard options. This however is something that I can not do. I never received my holsters. I got a USPS tracking/conformation number which shows that the package was delivered to my apartment. Well guess what, I do not have it. I checked with the apartment office to see if they had my pack, nope...they do not. I posted a printed note next to the indoor bank of mailboxes in my building which has been up for five days....no one has come forward with any information. I called Remora and also emailed them and they told me to file a claim with my Post Office, so I did. I went down there and a worker searched the Post Office for my package, he did not find it. I spoke with the Post Office supervisor and she tried to track it down. She confirmed that according to her records the package was delivered and verified this with my postman who delivered it. As far as I know...it was delivered. All I can assume is that somehow it was stolen.
    My issue now is with Remore, they are doing nothing about this. If my package did in fact get stolen, that is not their fault. However, they are not working with me at all on this other than telling me to file a Post Office claim. They are not doing any investigation into this, not offering me a refund, or offering me replacement holsters. That is very poor customer service. I am out over $50...I just want my money back or my holsters that I ordered. I thought I would share this bit of bad news with you. If this is how Remora treats its customers then I would stay away and shop elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by s1mp13m4n View Post
    If this is how Remora treats its customers then I would stay away and shop elsewhere.
    I am not trying to be unsympathetic to your plight, but what, exactly do you expect Remora to do about a theft in YOUR APARTMENT BUILDING? They mailed the package, sent tracking information and, IMO, their liability is over. The mailman said he left the package, the USPS liability is over. Someone stole your package. They are the one liable for the theft! Am I missing something here? Again, I am sorry you got ripped off by (probably) one of your neighbors. Could one of them have picked it up for you to prevent it from being stolen? Have you asked around?

I just don't get why or how you expect Alan to give you new holsters that somebody stole. If you had dropped one or both down a well, would you still expect replacements? For Remora to come fish them out of the well? What? My experience with Remora has been nothing but great. If there is a problem with his product he stands behind it 100%, no question. Even sometimes doing more than required. But some things are just too much....

Good luck finding the holsters.
    DJC7 and chandler4228 like this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Not their problem. Remora has always been outstanding to deal with in every purchase I have made from them. Confirmed delivery is just that, they barcode scan it when they put it in your mailbox. Done. Someone in your neighborhood took it. Pretty simple. I wouldn't trash Alan because of that, it's not his fault at all.

Not that I am accusing or assuming this, but I have seen a couple of posters with low post counts come in here and post something negative about Remora, to me that screams troll on the first look. You may not be, and that is ok too, but it has all the signs of it. Remora is reputable and well liked so you may not get any mileage trying to throw them under the bus for something that is not their fault. I mean no offense by that.
    Primary CC - Sig P938
    USMC Veteran 87-93

I went through a similar situation when I ordered an accessory from S&W. Online tracking said the package had been delivered but I didn't have it. The post office swore up and down that the package had been delivered. I too, thought the package had been stolen. I asked my neighbors if they had seen anything but came up empty. Finally, I gave up hope that I would ever see it. About 3 weeks later the package showed with a note from the USPO saying it had been delivered to the wrong address. Don't give up yet, but I wouldn't expect Remora to do anything.

Any surveillance system in your complex? Maybe there's a chance the thief was caught in the act.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Sponsored Links