How does one actually use a "tuckable" holster?

This is a discussion on How does one actually use a "tuckable" holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck. I have not found a good way to tuck a shirt in and not have it look like there ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: How does one actually use a "tuckable" holster?

How does one actually use a "tuckable" holster?

I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck. I have not found a good way to tuck a shirt in and not have it look like there is a gun under it.

Any suggestions?

I am a lefty and carry in the 8 o' clock

Nick

2. Remove Ads

I use a tuckable holster and don't seem to have a problem. I wear it at work everyday and only one person has ever caught on. I just tuck it like I would normally then I stretch to loosen it up enough that it isn't obvious. To me it prints but I know it's there and am probably still paranoid since I am fairly new to CC.

VIP Member
    Don't tuck it tight. You have to "blouse" the shirt a bit to ensure there is a little extra fabric.
    Last edited by Echo_Four; August 20th, 2013 at 08:38 PM.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I tuck in the shirt as I lean the holster towards my body to be able to tuck the shirt deep down to the bottom of the clips. Then I shimmy the shirt from left to right to ensure it's completely to the bottom of the clips, and from there pull the shirt upwards to loosen the fabric around the holster. It's completely hidden I always wear to my Church (with Pastor approval) and nobody has ever noticed even those that I've asked if it could be seen said no and were surprised at how well hidden it was. I carry the M&P 40c in the 4:00 position.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

VIP Member
    I would add another question. What are the mechanics of drawing with a tucked shirt?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Reach to just above holster and pull shirt with left hand, draw with right hand.

I fold my shirt tail before I tuck. I do it for two reason, it tucks better and their is less shirt to pull before the draw.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    phreddy likes this.
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to hand gun as blue tooth's are to cell phone!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    Reach to just above holster and pull shirt with left hand, draw with right hand.

I fold my shirt tail before I tuck. I do it for two reason, it tucks better and their is less shirt to pull before the draw.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks, which leads to a few more questions. Is it possible to draw effectively using only one hand? How does one practice drawing, holstering and drawing repeatedly? It would seem that each draw, holster, and re-tuck would be tedious enough to not practice much at all. Finally, how adversely does it affect draw time compared to untucked?
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Thanks, which leads to a few more questions. Is it possible to draw effectively using only one hand? How does one practice drawing, holstering and drawing repeatedly? It would seem that each draw, holster, and re-tuck would be tedious enough to not practice much at all. Finally, how adversely does it affect draw time compared to untucked?
    Even with an un-tucked shirt you need two hands to draw...support hand to pull up shirt while gripping gun with shooting hand. It is not a whole lot different with a tucked shirt. It does take some practice drawing with a tucked shirt. I've found it helpful to use both hands to pull up the shirt, then grip the gun. Carrying while wearing a tucked shirt does slow the draw down a bit, even with practice. However, it is better to have a slightly slower draw than to not have anything TO draw if needed.
    Chesafreak likes this.
    If guns kill people does that mean that pencils misspell words??

VIP Member
    To draw from a tucked shirt:

1. Pull shirt up, giving one's self a wedgie in the process.
    2. Grasp grip firmly, only to discover that you're still partially tucked have a handful of shirt.
    3. Realize that you're still standing on the X, fiddling with your clothes and wonder why you're still alive.
    4. Hope your bad guy has a sense of humor.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    First it must be a loose tuck and not a skin tight tuck.

Second...the type of shirt makes a big difference....prints work best then strips, solid colors etc...etc....a shirt that to small will not work well......

foxx3.jpgmy appendix.jpgtuck2.jpgtuck1.jpg
    Aceoky, FlaRon, wester and 1 others like this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I tuck every day and everything mentioned above is what I do. The draw is slower since you do have to rip the shirt out with your left hand (I am right handed, so opposite for you) to draw. Only been made once by my daughter after 6 months of carrying. She saw the clips on my belt.
    FlaRon likes this.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Senior Moderator
    I use a tuckable most everyday and blouse me shirt. I use a Whitehat holster and have the velcro clips, it conceals really well. If you look closely you can see a bulge on my hip, but most people don't look that closely.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RevTracy View Post
    Even with an un-tucked shirt you need two hands to draw...support hand to pull up shirt while gripping gun with shooting hand.It is not a whole lot different with a tucked shirt. It does take some practice drawing with a tucked shirt. I've found it helpful to use both hands to pull up the shirt, then grip the gun. Carrying while wearing a tucked shirt does slow the draw down a bit, even with practice. However, it is better to have a slightly slower draw than to not have anything TO draw if needed.
    The bold part is just plain false.
    dben002 and Aceoky like this.
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    How do you draw with 2 hands? Once the gun clears the holster the second hand, support hand, is very close to the gun. For practice their is very little difference between tucked or untucked. In fact, tucked maybe slightly easier since I fold the tucked shirt their is less shirt to pull.

Its not nearly as hard as you are imagining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    The OP needs to check on YouTube...many videos showing how to dress and how to draw from a tucked position.

Yes it takes practice..drawing and re-tucking and re-drawing...it's the price you pay to carry in a tucked style.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links