Glock 23 holster

Glock 23 holster

This is a discussion on Glock 23 holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for opinions on 2 different style holsters I am looking for a good IWB holster that has a sweat shield. Something like a galco ...

Glock 23 holster

Looking for opinions on 2 different style holsters

I am looking for a good IWB holster that has a sweat shield. Something like a galco summer comfort. But with sweat/slide guard

The other is a OWB holster that will conceal well under just a t shirt

You thinking about leather or kydex or hybrids?
    The G23 under just a t-shirt OWB? IMO, the G23 is kinda long unless you like your t-shirts long just the same. Mitch Rosen makes the Upper Limit holster which is excellent in my book. Mainly for the sub-compacts though.
    IWB and sweat shield? Well, I like the term slide guard better. First off, for an IWB holster, I like to feel the back of the slide in my side and anything extra in this area pushes that part of the pistol farther away from the body tempting the idea of best concealment. The sweat/slide guard might also poke the ribs a bit more depending on where you actually carry.
    Those who carry 24/7 kinda know that nothing will ever be totally comfortable under every condition. Actually, it shouldn't be so comfortable that you don't know it's there. I've used the DeSantis Scorpion for a long time and it has a slide guard.
    Love the G23 for carry myself. Like my G33 a bit better in the heat.

I only car IWB so im not sure on OWB but I would seriously consider SHTF gear ACE 1 or HH Holsters both are great IWB holsters with sweat shield.

Cool

I carry my G-23 and have for the past 6 years in a High Noon Public Secret holster.

photo.jpgImage 4.jpgphoto.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

For the same style holster in a tuckable model I use the High Noon Alter Ego.

Image 5.jpgImage 6.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

Slide Guard, Sight Track, Re-enforced Holster Mouth, Quality Leather construction, Heavy Duty belt clip.

Regards,

FlaRon
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

Try this I have a Glock 23 you wont be disappointed. Ozarks Holster Company | Quality Holsters Made in USA
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Quote Originally Posted by epalmer2898 View Post
    Looking for opinions on 2 different style holsters

I am looking for a good IWB holster that has a sweat shield. Something like a galco summer comfort. But with sweat/slide guard

The other is a OWB holster that will conceal well under just a t shirt
    Didn't mention the price range, but for an IWB you cannot beat you should go to Brommeland Leather. The Max Con V is in one word, AMAZING!

For OWB, good luck. I have yet to find a holster that will conceal my fat G23 behind just a T-shirt. My best guess would be Galco Concealable.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

IWB Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. There is none better.

Good luck on an OWB with a t-shirt. I don't think there is such an animal. I OC with a Blackhawk! Serpa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I carry a Glock 23 both IWB and OWB. For IWB, I use a High Noon "Down Under". It has the slide guard and is an EXCELLENT holster, but you will pay for it. They run about $185. For OWB I use a Comptac. It carries high and very close to the body, easy to conceal it with a large T-shirt.

Links