Another happy Foxx customer

This is a discussion on Another happy Foxx customer within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just received my Foxx hybrid holster for my 3" Kimber two days ago. After two days I am quite happy with it this far! Retention ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bgusty
  • 1 Post By bgusty

Thread: Another happy Foxx customer

Another happy Foxx customer

Just received my Foxx hybrid holster for my 3" Kimber two days ago. After two days I am quite happy with it this far! Retention is good, happy with the fit of the holster. Comparing it to a Crossbreed horsehide holster for my S&W 640 there are a few differences. First off I want to say I have no connections to either company, just your average Joe comparing the two. The leather of the Foxx holster seems a little more supple, whereas the horsehide is a lot stiffer for the crossbreed. The leather doesn't creak on the Foxx, while the crossbreed has always squeaked with the belt clips. I tried everything to quiet them but they still sounded like a saddle as I moved. The clips seem a little nicer on the crossbreed. The bottom edges of the clips on the Foxx are a a bit sharper than the crossbreed clips and stick out a little farther. The backside of the Foxx (skin side) is a little rougher than Crossbreed, not sure if this is just a difference between horsehide and cowhide or it might also be because the Foxx is brand new. I love that the Foxx came with the combat cut option as well. I am quite happy with both holsters, just thought I would share my comparison between the two. At $40 shipped, the Foxx is a little better in my opinion, and it arrived in about a week (6 business days from when I ordered). If you are on the fence about hybrids at all, give it a shot.
    Home
    DetChris likes this.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

2. Remove Ads

Foxx makes awesome holsters for a great price. My hybrid holster of choice is theirs. Congrats in the smart buy!

Thanks DetChris! I also bought a little Foxx for the XDs I have on order, but since I don't have the gun yet I haven't been able to try it out. I certainly plan on purchasing more of their holsters as I collect more guns.
    DetChris likes this.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Have you tried some talcom powder under the squeaky parts? It worked on my Galco KingTuk.

First post here, but I just wanted to say that Foxx holsters are very high quality holsters.

I have a similar Crossbreed and a Galco and it is every bit as good as those products at a much cheaper price. From the time I ordered to the point it was in my hands was 6 days.

Love mine too, both the hybrid and little foxx. I went with kydex clip upgrades and am very glad I did.
    British by birth. American by choice.

As far as getting rid of the squeakiness on my crossbreed I used talcum powder, leather conditioners, baby powder, you name it I tried it. It would squeak when the clip rubbed on the holster. The only thing I could do to make it not squeak was put some of those adhesive felt pads on there, but those got ripped off after a few days of wear. After a few days with my Foxx I have sent them an email regarding their clips. Their metal clips stick out too far on the bottom and snag my shirt when I try to pull my shirt out of the way to draw. Hopefully they will just mail me a set of the kydex clips. If you order one of their holsters I recommend upgrading to the kydex clips right away. The metal clips are a serious design flaw in my opinion. Other than that it is a fantastic holster.

Links