N82 Tactical Holsters are Great!

This is a discussion on N82 Tactical Holsters are Great! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a quick initial review of my brand new Nate Squared (N82) professional holster. Here's their site: http://n82tactical.com/ It's basically a single clip hybrid ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: N82 Tactical Holsters are Great!

This is a quick initial review of my brand new Nate Squared (N82) professional holster.

Here's their site: http://n82tactical.com/

It's basically a single clip hybrid holster. The plastic portion is not kydex but rather a thick and substantial thermoplastic.

The clip is the basic variety and clips well to my 1.5 in Galco gun belt.

The best part is the leather backing. The pistol side is a high quality leather but the kicker is the super comfortable suede they use on the body side. It doesn't grab your skin like smooth leather surfaces or rub you like Foxx's slightly rough leather. It's so comfortable that you can wear it against bare skin and feel like it's not there.

I've had it on for the last hour and the only hint of me having a gun on was the weight of my Glock.

The holster is also easy to put on and remove. Something I'd grab on the way out for a milk run. Definitely easier to put on than any full hybrid holster.

But by far my favorite feature is the plush suede. It makes hybrid holsters, which are already very comfortable by nature, REALLY comfortable! Think 5-star hotel pillow and you'd understand.

This is just my first impression of this great product. A few weeks of continuous wear and a long term review are sure to follow.

BadgerJ, ArmyCop and bigpapa like this.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Ditto. The holster is polycarbonate, and won't scratch metal like kydex sometimes does. It's also got a unique retention feature. Extremely easy to put on and take off.
    DetChris likes this.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Those holsters do look like they would be comfortable but any IWB holster for me has to have a combat cut on it. This would keep me from buying a N82. Just feel like I would have a hard time getting the grip on the pistol I want with all that material in the way.
    Taurahe likes this.

The pro version requires you to drive your thumb between the pistol and backing, give it a twist towards your body to draw. It takes practice but provides great retention.

I just got the N82Pro two days ago for a G26. What position and angle do you wear yours at? I'm still trying to find the "sweet spot" of comfort and concealability.

Looks comfy but not all that concealable.
    Taurahe and gun_bushido like this.

Wore mine for the first time today. Ordered and got it in about five days. I've never had a satisfactory IWB holster, but I like bigger guns and I'm a bit thicker than I used to be. Mine is the "Professional" with the polycarbonate holster for a Glock 21 SF. That's a pretty heavy gun. Wore for a long while sitting, driving and moving about while wearing jeans. Came home and changed to cargo shorts with a web belt. Unbelievably comfortable and stable. It moves with me, not against me.
    If this comfort holds up, I'll be ordering one of these for several other guns. Love it.
    bigpapa, nerdyvirgin and DetChris like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I just got the N82Pro two days ago for a G26. What position and angle do you wear yours at? I'm still trying to find the "sweet spot" of comfort and concealability.
    My usual 3.30 just like my Foxx hybrids. I do feel that my Foxx conceals better but this holster is a lot more comfortable and is easy on and off. The retention system will take. Little getting used to and may be the make it break for me. Time will tell

Walking around at Target right now with this holster on. 3 hours and unbelievably comfy. This suede backing is the cats meow.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
    Looks comfy but not all that concealable.
    Can't speak for full size firearms but I have one for my XDs and it conceals great (Have only worn it around the house of course. Though I'm planning a road trip to Missouri soon so I'll get to take it out in the wild then)! Even without wearing over sized shirts which I personally hate to do.

I love mine. I have one for my M&P9c. Since I'm a fatty, I consider it "fat guy approved."
    DetChris and Yarg28 like this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    Ditto. The holster is polycarbonate, and won't scratch metal like kydex sometimes does. It's also got a unique retention feature. Extremely easy to put on and take off.

Actually, kydex won't scratch metal either. Both materials are significantly softer than even aluminum used on guns, including aluminum. Any scratching would be due to a foreign material like dirt. PC, Leather, and Kydex are all susceptible to this. PC is actually harder than Kydex, so in from the perspective of the raw material, is more likely to scratch things (Although that doesn't take into account foreign material that is functioning as an abrasive).

-Clay

Two slight negatives about the N82 holster (everything is a trade off right):

1. The single clip allows the holster to move around a little and cause the handle to print.

2. For some reason it bulges more than a regular hybrid holster. Probably because of the single clip too - the clip bulges out where the gun is thickest... regular hybrids have two clips that are almost always out of that widest area. And the backing and plastic sheathe are thicker than most kydex and single thickness leather hybrids.

But the convenience and comfort of this holster are unmatched. All day comfort!
    Last edited by DetChris; August 24th, 2013 at 01:45 AM.
    Yarg28 likes this.

Nice, I was thinking about getting one of those.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5, Shield 9mm
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

I have the original style, tuckable, holster for my LC9. It is the most comfortable holster I've ever worn.
    As far as concealable, even people that know I'm carrying can't tell i'm carrying with the N82 holster. Of course the LC9 is a little thinner than a Glock. :-)

Actually, i fall asleep on the couch wearing it all the time.

The Pro style holster is on my short list for future holster purchases. So I am glad to hear it is just as comfortable.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links