Sig M11-A1 OWB anyone?

This is a discussion on Sig M11-A1 OWB anyone? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all I just bought a Sig M11-A1 and love it. The problem is I am having trouble finding a holster. I have been reading ...

Thread: Sig M11-A1 OWB anyone?

Sig M11-A1 OWB anyone?

Hi all

I just bought a Sig M11-A1 and love it. The problem is I am having trouble finding a holster. I have been reading that people are getting OWB holsters that fit a 229 w/o rail and they are working. I tried a Blackhawk at Gander last night, but it seemed way too tight, like it would scratch the slide. I emailed Comptac, and they said a P229 w/o rail model would not fit the M11-A1. Bladetech has not gotten back to me yet. I need an OWB so I can use this gun in IDPA. I ordered a High Noon "Down Under" for it, but would rather not drop another $180 on a High Noon OWN. Anyone have this gun that has found an OWB holster?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    This might fit:

Amazon.com: Galco Concealable Belt Holster for Sig-Sauer P229, P228 (Havana, Right-hand): Sports & Outdoors

Works for my CZ-75D PCR as well. Also, if a leather holster is snug, wrap your gun in a heavy zip-loc plastic bag and insert it in the holster. It will stretch it just enough to loosen the fit.

Good luck...
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

This pistol is hard to find holsters for as it's a Sig "Frankengun". I know there are a few other threads mentioning my company on the boards, but I found this thread and wanted you to know we do support this pistol.

Regards,

Statureman
    Last edited by statureman; January 12th, 2014 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by statureman View Post
    This pistol is hard to find holsters for as it's a Sig "Frankengun". I know there are a few other threads mentioning my company on the boards, but I found this thread and wanted you to know we do support this pistol.

Regards,

Statureman
    Statureman's holsters a very high quality, his turnaround is fast and his prices are reasonable. As you can tell, I am a satisfied customer.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Check with Raven holsters. My son carries a P229R and uses one.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I bought a Ritchie holster from Top Gun Supply. It fits the non-railed 228-229 models. I think it's called the Speed Scabbard, about 100 bucks. It fits my M11 very well, an excellent OWB rig. When I carry IWB, I use a Sparks VMII. You can get 'em from TGS as well, when they're in stock.

Well done on the M11. I prefer it to all my other 9s, with the possible exception of my PPQ.

Links