Versa Max II

This is a discussion on Versa Max II within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anybody ordered a VMII lately. Ordered a LH for 19, MS told me about 3 weeks ago 18-25 weeks is when I can expect ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Versa Max II

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Versa Max II

Has anybody ordered a VMII lately. Ordered a LH for 19, MS told me about 3 weeks ago 18-25 weeks is when I can expect it. I just wanted to know if there is a glimmer of hope on the horizon or is that pretty much on target?

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Most of these guys are pretty good with their estimates, but "Murphy" has been known to mess things up. If all goes well you'll have it around or before the target date (but I wouldn't count on to much before).
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I just got mine about 2 weeks ago. I ordered it in July so, yes, that's about right. It is worth the wait though!

I ordered mine on June 21st. I received about 3 weeks ago. So, about 18-19 weeks. Worth the wait!!

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Check with Lighting Arms and see if they have any in stock. http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm Craig and Audrey will treat you right.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker View Post
    Check with Lighting Arms and see if they have any in stock. http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm Craig and Audrey will treat you right.
    I think I checked with them before I ordered it. However nobody seems to like us SOUTH PAWS.

I can't remember when I ordered mine, but I remember estimating it's arrival around Christmas after being quoted 16-20 weeks.

Does anyone have experience with the VMII with a 3" 1911? If so, what did you think?

I ordered mine on August 1st and was told the waiting period for delivery would be 20 weeks. According to my calculations that would be December 19th. If their estimate turns out to be correct, I have only 18 more days to wait.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by 1911-Neil View Post
    I can't remember when I ordered mine, but I remember estimating it's arrival around Christmas after being quoted 16-20 weeks.

Does anyone have experience with the VMII with a 3" 1911? If so, what did you think?
    No experience but have one on order.

Mine is a 3" 1911, and its great. Very comfortable, and it pulls the end of the grips nicely in so you don't get any printing.

I don't personally like the kydex clips (they lasted about 5 minutes before I put the loops back on). The gun just "rides" differently with the clips, and they are a PAIN to put on. That being said, I have talked with 2 of the MS people in person and they were both wearing VMII's, with 1911's AND kydex clips, so maybe I'm missing something. Here's a picture of my rig.
    Attached Images

The VMII is one of the best hoslters that you'll ever get. And as for use with a 3" pistol, I always get for at least a 4" so the extra bit of leather secures the rig better. I have found that a short barrel pistol wants to flip over your belt when the butt is heavier than the barrel and that little bit of extra leather stops that.

Christmas arrived early for me. Yesterday the UPS guy delivered my Milt Sparks VMII made to carry my Sig P239 9mm. I wasn't expecting it for another two weeks. The guys in Boise, ID must be doing some overtime to get out as many orders as possible prior to Christmas.

The holster fit was much too tight out of the box, but I followed their instructions regarding putting the pistol into the plastic bag and then holstering it that way overnight. This morning the fit is perfect.

Here are some rushed up photos that I took today. I apologize for the quality, but I don't do much photography and have little to no skills in that area.
    Attached Images
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Congrats, Enjoy!!

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    This guy had some for sale about a week ago for $115
    A4t5fan@aol.com <A4t5fan@aol.com>. His name is Allan Yoast and he's a dealer for Sparks.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Christmas arrived early for me. Yesterday the UPS guy delivered my Milt Sparks VMII made to carry my Sig P239 9mm. I wasn't expecting it for another two weeks. The guys in Boise, ID must be doing some overtime to get out as many orders as possible prior to Christmas.
    Maybe they got some of Santa's elves or a couple of those Kebbler guys to come in and help out. The VMII fits and works like magic so maybe this is what's going on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links