Car Carry Holsters

This is a discussion on Car Carry Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is there a holster system that mounts in your vehicle? If my gun is in my holster on my hip, its hard to get to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Carry Holsters

Car Carry Holsters

Is there a holster system that mounts in your vehicle? If my gun is in my holster on my hip, its hard to get to with the seat belt and my shirt in the way. Right now the only alternative is to put my gun on the seat next to me. If I slam on the breaks my gun will go flying. This is unacceptable.

2. Remove Ads

i got a car holster from smartcarry.com...its nothing more than velcro that sticks to what ever in the car...the holster is a soft holster that sticks to the velcro....i bought one for my van and mounted it on the doghouse...works great and it does stay even while slamming on the breaks...they do have suggestions on some places to mount it...

Fobus makes a car/home mount for their holsters. May be a little more permanent than you are looking for though.

Mike

I modified a pistol rug and it fits between my Cap\'t Chair (feeling like Capt Kirk at the helm of the Excursion) and my center console and I have practiced draws/presentations with it, and it is pretty quick.

Now I just need to decide on a way to secure when I amnot allowed to carry into an establishment.

~A

My choice is simple.....gun stays in holster on my person. when driving a crossdraw holster is used.

I thought about this but I\'m staying with either crossdraw belt holster or shouder rig.

When I exit the vehicle I need to have the gun on me anyway. I have driven long distances and this is very comfortable - at least to me it is...

YMMV

Here is exactly what you are looking for.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/

The Carjacker Crossdraw is what you want.

I also either keep it on me pr slide it up under armrest.. under armrest wont go flying if i slame the breaks and you also cant see it so works out well... Yeah i drive a old mans car with a big armrest in the center

I second the Andrew's rig. I use it on short trips when I'll be getting in and out. For long hauls, I use a shoulder rig.

Dan

http://www.andrewsleather.com Sam Andrews makes a crossdraw holster specifically designed to be fastened to the seatbelt. I think it's called the carjacker special. Sam's got great stuff, but it's not on the cheap side. However, this is a pretty unique solution.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Imade a belly band type of thing that simply goes around my thigh while i'm driving.
    the gun is at my fingertips whenever i may need it.

stop the car, unwrap thigh band. throw in glovebox/console, inseert gun in hidden holster and i'm off.

here in ohio they wrote a dumma$$ clause that the gun hasta be open in a motor vehicle. ok for cars but i sure get loks when i'm on my motorcycle with all my biker leathers on with a pistol strapped to my leg as open as i can get it for the po-po-man
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

I have been looking for a car holster or arrangement. I have ran across a couple others that aren't listed here so I thought I'd post them so others can have as wide of a selection as possible.

This one is like the Andrews Crossdraw Carjacker, also pricey:
    http://www.holsters.org/incar-holsters.htm

These holsters from ThunderWear are like the SmartCarry products, except they have one that allows you to carry two guns:
    https://www28.safesecureweb.com/thun...r/holsters.asp

And I think the link someone else posted to the Fobus mount was broken, here's one that works:
    https://secure.fobusholster.com/cata...6ca9bf072769a6

Here's one that straps around the bottom portion of your seat, placing the gun grip-up in the front of the seat between your legs:
    http://www.desantisholster.com/n92.html

This looks like a mounted gun-rug from Grassburr:
    http://www.grassburr.com/handgun-concealment-cover.asp

I think I'm going to try that Andrews Crossdraw for the car and would like to try a SmartCarry or ThunderWear setup too.
    *** IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, DIAL - 1911 ***

Dan Wesson / CZ: Pointman 7, Stainless .45 ACP
    LaserMax, Carbon Fiber Ultra-thin Grips, Milt Sparks VM2, Milt Sparks 1.5" Tapered Gun Belt, Nickel Buckle, Galco Dual Magazine Carrier

Charles Daly: Field Hunter VR-MC, Semi-Auto 12g

I have a paddle holster from K&D that is really nice. I take it off in the car and hang it on the pocket of the door. It fits nice and stable there and is in a perfect position for me to grab with either hand if needed. It depends on your doors and pockets whether or not it will be stable, it isn't on my wife's car door, but may be an option for you. When I get where I'm going the holster comes off the door and back on the hip before getting out of the car.

If I am carrying IWB and don't have the paddle I usually take it out of the holster and place the gun under my left leg. It is more comfortable than having the gun press into my back while driving and remains concealed yet accessable. Just be very muzzle aware while moving the gun from holster to leg and back as it is easy to sweep your leg.

Safepacker is designed so it fits on an auto's seat belt. I have never used one but some of my friends who do swear by them for carrying in a car.

GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I would reccommend that whatever you choose.......choose to stay concealed. At the red light you don't want some guy driving a 18 wheeler look down to see a pistol or revo on your seatbelt or in your lap. I would also add ..... the rest of us here don't need that either. Thanks in advance. ---------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links