TW Holsters - a thorough review

This is a discussion on TW Holsters - a thorough review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently, while doing the research for a new holster. I came across TW Holsters on eBay, then Facebook. While I don't normally shop on FB ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nebraska12

Thread: TW Holsters - a thorough review

Recently, while doing the research for a new holster. I came across TW Holsters on eBay, then Facebook. While I don't normally shop on FB for gun gear, it is a good place to gather information and feedback on certain products. Anyway, I decided the price was certainly worth a shot, and the design seemed solid.

I ordered through eBay, the only method it which you can. Price was $34 shipped OBO. I made an offer, which was quickly accepted. Payment was made through PayPal and I sent a note to the seller/maker that I would prefer natural leather in lieu of black, which was pictured on eBay and given as an option. Well, to my surprise, the holster shipped the very next day. In total, I received it in less than a week.

My first impression: the leather seemed kind of middle of the road. Not as thick as some, thicker than others. Also, the back of the leather seems a little rough, but not excessively so. The kydex however, was very thick and well formed for my XD9sc.

Initially, it seemed far to tight and, I thought, there might be potential for it to cause excessive wear. But, for a carry gun, I was not concerned. Upon further inspection however, I found that the retention was adjustable by way of expandable rubber washers. A feature I did not expect. They were simply tightened down to a thinner profile for shipping. After some experimentation, retention is perfect.

Holster can be worn IWB or OWB by way of belt clips and belt slots. (A feature i was shopping for) Clips are standard, metal, over the belt clips; which at this time, I prefer. They just seem to hold up better for me. There are several holes for adjustment, but they aren't reinforced by grommets. Again, not uncommon. I found that the the lowest set of holes allows the kydex to sit just above the pant line, and provide the perfect carry height for me. I have yet to try OWB, bit it looks like it would work out fine.

So far, I'm pretty happy with it. I've worn it steadily for over a week and found that the leather has formed to fit me and holds its shape when removed. Its far more comfortable than some others I have tried. Thus far, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them as a solid budget option.
    h2ohta likes this.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Nice review.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Looks like a pretty decent holster for $34.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStallion29 View Post
    Looks like a pretty decent holster for $34.
    Thanks for the review and photos.

Sponsored Links