White Hat OWB

This is a discussion on White Hat OWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi folks, I currently use a White Hat IWB for my P250 in both sc and FS and love it. Was considering getting their OWB ...

Thread: White Hat OWB

White Hat OWB

Hi folks, I currently use a White Hat IWB for my P250 in both sc and FS and love it. Was considering getting their OWB backing for another carry option. Anyone have experience with their OWB holster? I'd like to know about how tight it holds the weapon as well as how well it holds it against the body. I'm using their gun belt with it.

I am open to other options, but this would be my first choice from a budget point of view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. Remove Ads

Have one for a 1911; great holster.

Well since my original post hasn't gotten much feedback, I'll widen the scope. How about any other brands of OWB leather/kydex hybrid's? Does that style seem to hold the weapon secure and tight to the body?

Okay; I'll keep playing: the OWB hybrids I've got/had just do not retain the gun as well as the IWBs. You're sacrificing the tension of your belt on the exterior of the rig, only the kydex is providing retention. I had a CrossBreed IWB which would never soften enough with a hair dryer to allow modification, maybe a heat gun would have worked. I still have a CrossBreed OWB for a J frame which is loose. The White Hat OWB is for a 1911 and it DOES provide retention due to the properly-formed holster. Perhaps the slim geometry of the 1911 allows the kydex to provide more friction and locking points than the revolver does.

I do, however, have a revolver hybrid OWB from a forum member (chiefjason) which does hold a L frame S&W pretty tight.

But, I think, absent a OWB with some mechanical locking system; you're not going to get the retention of the IBW holster.

I'm interested in this as well. I have a FS and SC P250 just like the OP and I'm on the look out for new holsters. I currently have an Old Faithful IWB and Remora for the sc, but I only have a cheap universal nylon holster for the full size which works fine but it isn't very stable to wear

Links