My first home made holster :)

This is a discussion on My first home made holster :) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well it ain't pretty, it's made out of duct tape, bow string, and a hair tie lol. Naa black widow 22 mag (my river gun). ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: My first home made holster :)

My first home made holster :)

Well it ain't pretty, it's made out of duct tape, bow string, and a hair tie lol. Naa black widow 22 mag (my river gun). I think it's pretty cool looking myself, has great retention because the only way it's coming out is if I forcefully take the part of the hair tie that covers the hammer off of the hammer. tested it and its very solid. I suppose if I had to be fast I could pull the hammer back hard enough to shoot while its holstered but it's solid enough that its not going to get cocked while in my pocket. I feel I could also make some simple alterations so it is usable.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Looks like that tape has the potential to place constant pressure on that trigger. So if you cocked it while it was still in there..... Be careful with that thing.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Looks like that tape has the potential to place constant pressure on that trigger. So if you cocked it while it was still in there..... Be careful with that thing.
    This is true :(. Well a few cuts with a knife will fix that right up :)

Are you going to be offering those for sale?
    006.9V2.1 and Darrow75 like this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Are you going to be offering those for sale?
    You know given the market out there for holsters made for black widows it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Hence why I made this because I can't find anything for what I specifically want.

And by market I actually mean options that are out there.

VIP Member
    Here is what you do--call it a custom-made, one-of-a-kind whatever, charge a hundred bucks for it and wait for the orders and rave reviews to roll in. Someone will swear it is the most comfortable and concealable miracle holster they have ever owned, and be giving it fantastic reviews.
    Taurahe likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    I am thinking this thread should be under the Humor section.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    I feel sure that there would be a market with the anti-gunners, Just advertise that the tape has the sticky side next to the gun. Once the gun is holstered it would be impossible to remove.

You laugh..Most anti gunners believe stuff like that..
    357and40 likes this.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Quote Originally Posted by oldskeetshooter View Post
    I feel sure that there would be a market with the anti-gunners, Just advertise that the tape has the sticky side next to the gun. Once the gun is holstered it would be impossible to remove.

You laugh..Most anti gunners believe stuff like that..
    Lol what is funny is my original design was actually that way. Granted I had string separating it but still a big fail the first time lol

Administrator
    We do have some members here that would be willing to donate a piece of leather for reasons of sheer pity alone.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I don't know, turn the last layer of tape around and you have a sticky holster.
    knight65 likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Necessity is a Mother.
    "I can show you how to make a bomb out of a roll of toilet paper and a stick of dynamite." Dale Gribble

2 pieces of good foam and a sheet of kydex would solve a lot of your problems....

Sent from that tappy talky thingamajig.....
    G23, 1 reload, 1 knife, 1 mindset.
    rocky likes this.

Lead Moderator
    KnifeKits.com™ : Knife & Gun Making Supplies and Tools , get a kydex sheath kit with the mount option you like. Watch you tube vid on how to. Custom holster that will be miles ahead of 100 mile an hour tape .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I just stick my naa in my pocket
    NRA Life Member
    Ruger SP101 in .357, Glock 22,
    S&W 637-2 .38spl, Bersa Thunder .380,
    NAA .22Mag, Winchester Defender 12g 3" mag.
    Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r, Sears .22LR bolt action.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links