Glock 30s Holster Options

This is a discussion on Glock 30s Holster Options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm 6ft 215ibs trying to figure out what IWB to purchase for my Glock 30s. This gun recently graduated to an appropriate carry gun yesterday ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Glock 30s Holster Options

I'm 6ft 215ibs trying to figure out what IWB to purchase for my Glock 30s. This gun recently graduated to an appropriate carry gun yesterday w/ a 21shot 5in grouping @ 15yds Anyway, my current top options are the slim xc from TT Gunleather Slim XC and the minituck from crossbreed MiniTuck® | CrossBreed® Holsters - MiniTuck®. ANY opinions and other recommendations would be greatly appreciated
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

I recently received a Slim Mike's Special for my 30s. There is a thread with a picture of it below. I would highly recommend TT GunLeather. Tim does fantastic work.
    thislife1977 likes this.

mkh
    I have no idea how to answer your question. But I hope to be asking tha my self in a few weeks.

Working out the financing to get me a 30s - or should I say begging my wife to let me buy one.
    nontechguy likes this.

Any holster that will fit a Glock 17,19,22,23 or 36 will fit the 30s. They all have the same slide width and shape. As far as styles all I can say is you'll have to spend the money and try them all out. Unfortunately with holsters there's no way anyone can tell you what's right for you and you usually need a few weeks to decide if one is a keeper. So put a few $100's aside and have a whole box or drawer available for the ones you tried and don't like (or open up an eBay account to sell them away). Good luck.
    DoctorBob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Any holster that will fit a Glock 17,19,22,23 or 36 will fit the 30s. They all have the same slide width and shape.
    Not necessarily true because the frames are different widths. I have a TT GunLeather holster for my 23 and it will not fit the 30s.

Any holster that will fit a Glock 17,19,22,23 or 36 will fit the 30s. They all have the same slide width and shape.
    I don't mean to be that guy, but you are wrong.

To the OP, check out SHTF Gear holsters. I have a link down below in my signature. They make high quality hybrid holsters with a very short turnaround time.

Quote Originally Posted by glocker73 View Post
    Not necessarily true because the frames are different widths. I have a TT GunLeather holster for my 23 and it will not fit the 30s.
    We're talking about the 30s. Not the 30 or 30sf. The 30/30sf has a fatter slide. The 30s has the same slide width as the 36. And the 36 fitted all my 19 and 26 holsters. See pics below

Glock 19

Glock 23

Glock 36

In fact my new 30s rode in the same hybrid holster as my 19 and 26 all day today. I speak from experience owning these guns, not Internet regurgitation.

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    I don't mean to be that guy, but you are wrong.

To the OP, check out SHTF Gear holsters. I have a link down below in my signature. They make high quality hybrid holsters with a very short turnaround time.
    See above please.

See above please.
    You must be confusing yourself. While the slide is the same width as the 36, the frame is the width of the 30.

Will the 30S fit in holsters for the guns you listed? Sure. Is it good enough fit for someone to be comfortable with? I'll leave leave that up to you. All I will say is that if I bought the 30S, I would definitely buy a holster made for it.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4

Glocks 26 (same width as 17,19,22,23 and 27) and Glock 30s. To be inserted into the same Galco kydex holster:

Side by side slide comparo. 30s on left 26 on right:

G26 in Galco holster:

G30s in same holster:

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    You must be confusing yourself. While the slide is the same width as the 36, the frame is the width of the 30.

Will the 30S fit in holsters for the guns you listed? Sure. Is it good enough fit for someone to be comfortable with? I'll leave leave that up to you. All I will say is that if I bought the 30S, I would definitely buy a holster made for it.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4
    Sir with all due respect I have three holsters that fit my G19 and 26. The 30s drops into each one. Carries the same too. If I'm missing some really minute point please elaborate further. I've provided enough proof. I'd appreciate the same from you. Thanks.

I should disclose my three holsters: the Galco Triton, N82 tactical and Foxx hybrid. All three fit my 19, 26 and 30s.

To give sioux565 due course, there MAY be holsters out there (depending on construction) that may fit the 17/19/22/23/26/27/36 but not the 30s. The 30s does indeed have a thicker frame even though the slide width is similar to the above Glocks.

Sponsor
    I should disclose my three holsters: the Galco Triton, N82 tactical and Foxx hybrid. All three fit my 19, 26 and 30s.

To give sioux565 due course, there MAY be holsters out there (depending on construction) that may fit the 17/19/22/23/26/27/36 but not the 30s. The 30s does indeed have a thicker frame even though the slide width is similar to the above Glocks.
    Yes, There is indeed a size difference between the G30S and the standard 9mm/40/357 Glocks. Many holsters (probably most) will be compatible with both of those, however its not a guarantee and depends on the construction of the holster.

We do offer one for the Glock 30S as well,
    Glock 30S ACE-1 Holster

Good luck!

Sir with all due respect I have three holsters that fit my G19 and 26. The 30s drops into each one. Carries the same too. If I'm missing some really minute point please elaborate further. I've provided enough proof. I'd appreciate the same from you. Thanks.
    If you know of a leather holster that fits both please let me know because I have tried many and have not found a single one that fits both guns.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links