Bianchi Model 57 Remedy OWB

This is a discussion on Bianchi Model 57 Remedy OWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have experience with this holster? -dgunnut...

Thread: Bianchi Model 57 Remedy OWB

Bianchi Model 57 Remedy OWB

Anyone have experience with this holster?
    -dgunnut

2. Remove Ads

I had a look at it online. As the company's original designer I have to ask, what's it the 'remedy' for? Low sales? Because it's simply a strapless, assymetrical front/back pancake, and so around a v, v long time from other makers.
    Red (Richard) Nichols
    Holster designer-maker since 1958

An invention is an accident that has been waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
    I had a look at it online. As the company's original designer I have to ask, what's it the 'remedy' for? Low sales? Because it's simply a strapless, assymetrical front/back pancake, and so around a v, v long time from other makers.
    Thanks for the feedback. I realize that this is not a breakthrough holster design, just wondering how it compares to other similar offerings out there? Would this be comparable to a Galco Concealable?

Anyone? Looking to decide between this or the Galco concealable in the next day or two.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

GH
    I have a Blackhawk with an adjustment retention screw that's similar to the Remedy. I like it except for the cant. It's too much for me unless it's carried at 5:00 o'clock or even back further. The Remedy appears to have slightly less cant but still too much for me. I don't want to be limited to holster placement as I normally wear mine at 3:30 to 4:30 depending on how I'm dressed & a slight seems to be ideal.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I have the Bianchi 58 (basically the same thing with a greater forward cant). I have no complaints. Rides pretty tight to the body, but if I had to do it again I would probably get the 57 over the 58. I have a blackhawk pancake with the thumb break and that has been a very good holster as well. If this is for open carry then I would go with the thumb break design, a little bit more secure in the unlikely gun grab attempt.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by bgusty View Post
    I have the Bianchi 58 (basically the same thing with a greater forward cant). I have no complaints. Rides pretty tight to the body, but if I had to do it again I would probably get the 57 over the 58. I have a blackhawk pancake with the thumb break and that has been a very good holster as well. If this is for open carry then I would go with the thumb break design, a little bit more secure in the unlikely gun grab attempt.
    Is the cant an issue for you with the 58 and that is why you would go for the 57 next time?

I am thinking now about the 58 as I want more cant I think.

I just ordered the 58, instead of the 57, once I get it I'll do a review. Especially since I cannot seem to find much info on these two holsters.

Yeah I would prefer a little less cant. I have to wear the holster closer to the 4:30 position rather than the 3:30 I prefer with my hybrid holsters.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Links