Just got my Maxcon V

This is a discussion on Just got my Maxcon V within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It arrived a few days ago. Very nice holster. Looks great, fine fit. And, it's very comfortable. So, I guess it's worth it to get ...

Thread: Just got my Maxcon V

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

Just got my Maxcon V

It arrived a few days ago. Very nice holster. Looks great, fine fit. And, it's very comfortable. So, I guess it's worth it to get a custom holster from someone who does such fine work. My only complaint was the wait time. When I placed my order, there was a 4 month wait. Then, Gary hurt his back. Since I have severe arthritis and spinal stenosis, and have had more than my share of acute muscle spasms, I can certainly relate. It ended up being 3 1/2 weeks longer than promised. But, it's a fine piece of work. I'll think twice before I order something with such a long wait time. simply because it's difficult for me. But, it sure beats the off the shelf holsters that I've tried for IWB. So thanks Gary. I'll enjoy carrying my XD 45 in it.

2. Remove Ads

All of the premium leather makers have long waiting times. I am beginning to think if the wait time is less than 2 months, something must be wrong with the leather maker!

I have orders in with FIST, Haugen, The Beltman and K&D. Waiting sucks!

Oh please post a pic of your new Maxcon!

Squawker,

Good things come to those who wait!!!! I ordered mine earlier this year....I think back in April or May. I got it about 15-16 gutwrenching weeks later but it was well worth the wait. This is a great holster and carrying my 4" XD-45 is super comfortable. I love the way it wraps around my body and comfortably dissappears. I also ordered a double mag pouch that works great as well. I will order again when the need arises........and load the medicine cabinet with Mylanta for the gutwrenching wait....LOL. Here is my rig.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

I just saw the picture posted on Brommeland's website before seeing it here - that was awfully fast!

Looks like a great holster, and one of the top contenders for what I plan to get.

I do have a question, for anyone with the experience: What is the difference between service grade and presentation grade?

Hi Nate,
    The differences are purely cosmetic. Both versions are cut on the same dies and perform essentially the same. The presentation grade holsters have fully detailed boning and have excruciatingly high QC standards regarding the finish. The Service Grades may have minor cosmetic blems and are press molded and boned only around the perimeter of the firearm, and in the ejection port. A doweled in sight track is also boned in. In other words, we do what is necessary to provide a proper fit and retention, but the cosmetic stuff is done away with.

Just as I had suspected! Thanks for the confirmation, Gary. Very nice work!

Congrats on the fine holster! Looks really good and I'm sure the comfort and function will be exceptional.

I'm currently waiting on some presentation leather: 3 holsters, 1 belt and 1 mag carrier from Gary. I agree, the waiting is difficult!

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    i am currently waiting for a service grade Max Con V for my 4'' XD45.
    I carry my kimber ultra carry II in a Max Con V, and the wait was long for that. But I know Gary's work is worth the wait time.
    Enjoy the new holster, and the XD.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tex45acp View Post
    Squawker,

Good things come to those who wait!!!! I ordered mine earlier this year....I think back in April or May. I got it about 15-16 gutwrenching weeks later but it was well worth the wait. This is a great holster and carrying my 4" XD-45 is super comfortable. I love the way it wraps around my body and comfortably dissappears. I also ordered a double mag pouch that works great as well. I will order again when the need arises........and load the medicine cabinet with Mylanta for the gutwrenching wait....LOL. Here is my rig.

I wish that I had ordered the mag carriers as well. But, too late now. Maybe Ill be up for another wait in a few months. Also, I just lost my job, so money is tight. As nice as the holster is, I wouldn't order it now because of the lack of cash. Hopefully, my refi will go through next week (I have enough equity for stated income). Otherwise, Christmas will be bleak. I may have to consider the holster a Christmas present to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor View Post
    i am currently waiting for a service grade Max Con V for my 4'' XD45.
    I carry my kimber ultra carry II in a Max Con V, and the wait was long for that. But I know Gary's work is worth the wait time.
    Enjoy the new holster, and the XD.

I ordered the exact same thing for my XD45 about a month ago. I can't wait to get it, but I don't really need it until Kansas actually gives us our licenses in the middle of Jan. Still, these threads make waiting that much worse

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Gary did you hear that...Gonefission doesn't need his until mid jan, so if his order is in front of mine, just bump me up a notch! I am sure he wouldn't mind! right??? LOL....
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Links