duty holster on pants belt

This is a discussion on duty holster on pants belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would like to try a low ride holster that has a jacket-slot design belt loop for hunting in cold weather and cold weather woods ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SIXTO

Thread: duty holster on pants belt

duty holster on pants belt

I would like to try a low ride holster that has a jacket-slot design belt loop for hunting in cold weather and cold weather woods carry. I plan on using a sturdy gun belt (it is 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch) , but it is not as wide as a LE duty belt.

Will I run into trouble because the duty holster's loop will be to big?
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Yeah, probably. The holster is going to flop around a lot. Just go buy a cheap nylon duty belt. They're inexpensive enough.
    Taurahe likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

What kind of a gun, in what kind of a holster? Sixto's advice in sound in my judgment. A field holster is different from a C/C holster. A real gun belt is a must.

Is a duty holster with duty belt just the wrong direction for hunting gear. Glock 20 SF.

I'm just having a hard time finding a low ride hip / belt holster that jacket-slot design belt loop to accompdate for a jacket and ease of draw. I know I don't want to go to a leg holster. I,m trying to avoid a guide / shoulder / tanker holster. I would prefer not to cross draw. For some reason I do a lot of prone hunting mixed in with stalking. A hip holster works great, but most holster are to tight to the body for hunting.

But I guess back to the point. So a duty holster is just not the way to go in general for hunting?

I would imagine so, as I don't see anyone doing it. Just once when I was very yound and it was a LEO who used duty gear (think 1970s) with a revolver to hunt.
    NRA Member

Lead Moderator
    A Serpa holster with the offset/drop extension may work.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

1 1/2 inch gun belt....duty holster is 2 to 2 1/4....and no one makes an adapter? I'm guessing because no one would want it. Sorry if I come off down, was really happy to find the holster, it is perfect in every way but one, the most important.

Guess I'm not the first to post this question.

Holster 2ith 2 1/4" belt opening but 1 1/2" belt
    NRA Member

Just get a nylon LE duty belt with about 4 'keepers' to attach to your 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch pants belt, and you should be 'good-to-go'.

They are about $14. at amazon and a pack of keepers is about $10. HERE: Amazon.com: police nylon duty belt leather uncle mike

I used to use my duty rig all the time for hunting, works great.

Links