Best iwb holster for ruger sp101

This is a discussion on Best iwb holster for ruger sp101 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I carry a revolver, I prefer crossdraw, in the vicinity of an appendix position. In the opinions of those on this forum, what would ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Snub44
  • 1 Post By Easy8

Thread: Best iwb holster for ruger sp101

When I carry a revolver, I prefer crossdraw, in the vicinity of an appendix position. In the opinions of those on this forum, what would be the ideal IWB holster for a Ruger sp101, when carried in this position?

...I get either soft leather or nylon clip holsters for under $20, cut them open, and move the clip up on the holster about an inch...this drops the gun that much lower, and the belt pulls it in tighter and conceals much better...been doing that for about 40 years...carpet needle and thread work well...the nylon holster can be thrown in the washer and dryer when it develops a personality...
    Quote Originally Posted by coondogger View Post
    When I carry a revolver, I prefer crossdraw, in the vicinity of an appendix position. In the opinions of those on this forum, what would be the ideal IWB holster for a Ruger sp101, when carried in this position?
    tdave likes this.

I keep a remora in my car for cross draw while driving works well. It fits the SP quite well
    wmhawth likes this.

I just got my SP101 3" and am carrying it in a Uncle Mike's...it is suprisingly difficult to find a IWB for a 3" for some reason. On the recommendation of some people here on Defensive Carry I've ordered a FIST #1A and I expect it to arrive anyday...

Sorry that I can't give you feedback on how good it is...but they are someone to look at.

Links