Del Fatti LP-QS vrs. Milt Sparks VM II

This is a discussion on Del Fatti LP-QS vrs. Milt Sparks VM II within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you haven't realized it yet, Gary Brommeland, Jerry Haugen, and Sam Andrews are among a goup of holstermakers who have droves of repeat customers ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Del Fatti LP-QS vrs. Milt Sparks VM II

If you haven't realized it yet, Gary Brommeland, Jerry Haugen, and Sam Andrews are among a goup of holstermakers who have droves of repeat customers because they are THAT happy with the finished product. Although the decisions on just what to get can drive you nuts, I really don't think a holster buyer has ever had so many high quality holstermakers from which to choose as you do these days.
    Amen to that. Especially the "nuts" part...

2. Remove Ads

Brommeland Max Con V

Gary Brommeland was modest and did not mention this, but his Max Con V holster is a direct competitor of the Sparks VM-2. Many satisfied customers of Brommeland have posted their comments on this forum in the past. Here is a photo from his website:

DH--
    Your new ISP-LP is on the way and it does have a reinforced mouth.
    Thank you for your business.

TJ--
    The ISP-LP can be ordered from Matt with or without reinforcement.

Regards,

Craig

You got an awesome holster without it's normal 1 year wait. Great find. As you can see this forum is chock full of the worlds finest holster makers, and they are all great and modest guys who give all the credit in the world to their peers as well as recommend their work if it better meets the customers needs. I have personally dealt with Gary and Sam Andrews and both are great guys that will give you all the help you need weather you buy their stuff or not and it would seem Matt, Eric Larsen, Mark Garrity, etc. will do exactly the same.

Wow...I'm really excited! Thanks so much for all the great information guys. I'm shocked to see the maker of the holster here, that's great!

I asked a few of my buddies who know more about leather than me about the Del Fatti line of holsters, and I heard nothing but good (and hard to find)! I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful craftsmanship, Matt. Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasports View Post
    DH--
    Your new ISP-LP is on the way and it does have a reinforced mouth.
    Thank you for your business.

Regards,

Craig

Thanks so much for all your help Craig and for letting me know about the reinforced mouth, I really appreciate it! :)

Also a comment about Craig and Audrey at Lightning Sports. I have never yet had the pleasure of purchasing from them but I once inquired about a holsters availability and they got back to me within an hour... ON A SUNDAY!!! Unfortunately they didn't have what I needed but that is what I call service.

Holster arrived today, WOW! I can't believe how well it fits around my waist. The rig stays on tight and firm, hides soooo much better than my G27. I can draw quickly and holster just as fast...I feel very comfortable with it, unlike suveral other hosters I've worn in the past. It's super light and fits like a glove. I don't know what more I could ask for in a holster.

When I can afford to, I'm getting the same rig for my Sig P220. Thanks for taking care of me Craig, and Matt...nice work! VERY NICE!!

Thank YOU!! I'm glad to hear it works for you.

Well, not too shabby for someone who hadn't heard of Matt four days ago!

Now that you have time.... start thinking about that neglected G27. Because I read back over your first post and realized you do not have the right carry holster for it if you have the issues you mentioned. All the things you mention are cured by the right holster for the particular gun and your particular body style and style of carry. So now you have the time to search for that and get that little G27 back into the rotation. Search around and find the right rig for it. And take your time and get the one you need.

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    Now that you have time.... start thinking about that neglected G27. Because I read back over your first post and realized you do not have the right carry holster for it if you have the issues you mentioned. All the things you mention are cured by the right holster for the particular gun and your particular body style and style of carry. So now you have the time to search for that and get that little G27 back into the rotation. Search around and find the right rig for it. And take your time and get the one you need.
    If I could, I would probably get the same holster for the G27. But on the other hand, I may want to get an IWB that is tuckable so perhaps I'll wait and get a VM II for that. Not that I really need something tuckable, but I suppose it would be nice to have something different.

I wish I could try it on first, you know, like a pair of boots at the store. ;)

If you were close I would offer up the use of a couple 20 degree cant OWB pancakes. They conceal very well and tuck a G27 in perfect for me. You have to get the right cant for yourself though.

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    If you were close I would offer up the use of a couple 20 degree cant OWB pancakes. They conceal very well and tuck a G27 in perfect for me. You have to get the right cant for yourself though.
    That's very nice of you. I dono, never liked pancakes all that much. I'm going to ask a couple of my friends who shoot if they have a VM II I can look at. I'll prob get something for a my full size auto first (P-220) before I get something for the G27. Again, thanks!!

DrtyHarry,

I have not had the pleasure of owning one of Mr. DelFatti's fine holsters. I do however have both a Milt Sparks VM2 & a Brommeland MCV. They, like the DelFatti holster are top notch and you wont go wrong with either. Here are mine.

VM2 with my 4" Wilson Professional

MCV with my 4" Springfield XD-45
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links