Del Fatti LP-QS vrs. Milt Sparks VM II

This is a discussion on Del Fatti LP-QS vrs. Milt Sparks VM II within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I picked up a Kimber Elite Carry not too long ago, and after just a few rounds, I decided that I have to use ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Del Fatti LP-QS vrs. Milt Sparks VM II

Hi,

I picked up a Kimber Elite Carry not too long ago, and after just a few rounds, I decided that I have to use it as my CCW in place of my G27. Fell in love with it! SUPER ACCURATE! I may get a few extra rounds off with the G27, but the single stack design feels more natural against my body where my G27 was kinda thick and bulged out a bit too much.

Anyway, my question is this. I want to get a good leather IWB holster for it. I don't want to wait 25 weeks to get the VM II, but I can get the Del Fatti LP-QS now for my 4" Kimber today. Looking at the pictures, they seem to look somewhat the same, even though the LP-QS is more expensive.

I never heard of Del Fatti, think I should go with it?? Is it as comfortable as the VM II? Or maybe someone else here could suggest a good leather IWB holster for me? Thanks!

Hello, DrtyHarry, and welcome from Fair Haven! Do search for Matt Del Fatti and you will find out what you need to know, including beaucoup opinions of his work from his peers and his customers. Do it quickly and make your purchase now, as his waiting list is crowding two years!. Let us know how you make out!

Lead Moderator
    Keep staring at this thread you started........ You'd be surprised who might show up!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Welcome aboard!!! Matt DelFatti is without a doubt one of the finest holstermakers to have ever cut a piece of leather. I would recommend his work without hesitation. If you can get one of his holsters right away, my advice would be to jump on it. Otherwise, you'll be looking at something in the vicinity of a year (or longer) to get one.

Check with lightningarms.com for a VM-II for your 4" 1911.
    Bought one from them a couple weeks ago, had it 2 days later. It was a bit more expensive, but definitely worth not having to wait 20+ weeks from Milt Sparks.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrtyHarry View Post
    Hi,

Anyway, my question is this. I want to get a good leather IWB holster for it. I don't want to wait 25 weeks to get the VM II, but I can get the Del Fatti LP-QS now for my 4" Kimber today. Looking at the pictures, they seem to look somewhat the same, even though the LP-QS is more expensive.

I never heard of Del Fatti, think I should go with it?? Is it as comfortable as the VM II? Or maybe someone else here could suggest a good leather IWB holster for me? Thanks!
    The LP-QS is an outside the waistband...but it would be nice to have one of those besides an IWB...they are great rigs for easy on/off and coceal almost as well as an IWB.....Matt's ISP-LP would be the one to look at for an IWB along the lines of the VM2...here's a pic of the ISP-LP. the main difference between this and the VM2 is the LP does not have a re-enforced collar ( making it thinner in the pants) and the added leather under the muzzle makes the rig more comfortable by keeping shorter slided guns from sticking into your side....

Last edited by LoveLeather; December 1st, 2006 at 02:57 PM.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I own both for my 1911s, the LP-QS is not an IWB but a snap on/snap off OWB holster along the design of Alessi's CQC/S. The VMII is an IWB holster and one of the best made. I also have a Del Fatti IWB which is the LP-ISP so out of the two you mentioned, if you want an IWB go for the VMII. Matt's leatherwork is some of the best but I would hate to see you spend that much $$ thinking you were getting an IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by levi333 View Post
    Check with lightningarms.com for a VM-II for your 4" 1911.
    Bought one from them a couple weeks ago, had it 2 days later. It was a bit more expensive, but definitely worth not having to wait 20+ weeks from Milt Sparks.
    I meant to say ISP-LP, the IWB holster....not the LP-QS. Sorry..

Yep, Lightning Arms are the guys who had one in stock.

I placed the order and Craig was such a great help and sounded like a real nice guy. He told me that the Del Fatti is not "tuckable", where as the VM II is. I don't need the tuck-in feature so Del Fatti it is. He said I should have it in a couple of days!

Thanks for your help guys.

/Harry

Administrator

Thumbs up

Matt Del Who??????????????????????????????

I never heard of him either.

Oh Wait...the name is starting to ring a bell.

Do you by any chance mean THE Matt Del Fatti one of the finest holster makers in the world bar none?

That Matt Del Fatti ?

Ok....I've heard of the guy.

I would go with the Del Fatti if you can get one right away because you'll be one of the only persons in the history of human~kind to ever get a Del Fatti Holster Right Away.

Usually the words "Del Fatti" ~ "Holster" & "Right Away" never all appear in the same sentence together.

Here Is Matt's Web Site ~ CLICK HERE to visit Del Fatti Leather.
    Be Warned though...the mere sight of Matt's holsters (in his web gallery) have been known to make grown men who appreciate firearms and ultra~fine holsters "break down" & cry like babies.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Matt Del Who??????????????????????????????

Usually the words "Del Fatti" ~ "Holster" & "Right Away" never all appear in the same sentence together.

I'm having a Del Fatti ISP-LP holster shipped from Lightning Arms RIGHT AWAY! lol

What kind of leather is it? Is it softer or more firm than VM II?

Just my 2 cents, but Haguen Leather makes a similiar item, snap-on that is. Just bought one for a Colt Defender and it is cheaper, quicker and just as nicely made in my opinion. For in the waist band, I finally "discovered" Andrews Leather MacDaniels ii.
    Both of these make my little colt disappear and it leaves my glock 26 at home.

Administrator

I don't know how firm the VM2 is but, Matt (like our other top makers) only use the cream of the best leather so you can be sure that it will be flawlessly perfect for its intended application.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    The major difference between the Del Fatti and the Sparks is that the Sparks has a reinforced mouthband and the De Fatti doesn't. IMO, it doesn't require one and I have found both easy to reholster with one hand!

Quote Originally Posted by DrtyHarry View Post
    Hi,

I picked up a Kimber Elite Carry not too long ago, and after just a few rounds, I decided that I have to use it as my CCW in place of my G27. Fell in love with it! SUPER ACCURATE! I may get a few extra rounds off with the G27, but the single stack design feels more natural against my body where my G27 was kinda thick and bulged out a bit too much.

DrtyHarry:
    All these guys are giving me WAY too much credit but I sure appreciate it! I hope the holster works well and gives you good service. If not, please let me know. I'm sure you would have been thrilled with the VMII also. LOTS of other gun toters sure are. That has got to be one of the most popular concealment holsters of all time!

If you haven't realized it yet, Gary Brommeland, Jerry Haugen, and Sam Andrews are among a goup of holstermakers who have droves of repeat customers because they are THAT happy with the finished product. Although the decisions on just what to get can drive you nuts, I really don't think a holster buyer has ever had so many high quality holstermakers from which to choose as you do these days.

Thank you for your business!

VIP Member
    Oh man, what a find....getting one of Del Fatti's holsters without the wait!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links