Bullhide belts

This is a discussion on Bullhide belts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone using a bull hide gun belt? http://www.bullhidebelts.com/Gun-Belts_ep_111-1.html How do you like it?...

Thread: Bullhide belts

Bullhide belts

Anyone using a bull hide gun belt?
    http://www.bullhidebelts.com/Gun-Belts_ep_111-1.html
    How do you like it?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Yes, I have a three belts from bullhide - go with the regular bullhide series. I wear their bullhide belt all day at work doing construction - Super thick, supports all my stuff with no problems. It doesn't break down or give at all but does shape up to your form and get real comfy after a couple of weeks.

I ordered a second and third belt in brown and black for casual/dressy occasions - got em on clearance didn't realize they were the dress belt line (a little thinner and not as heavy duty) and though they hold up well and work for what I need, wish I would've paid attention and gotten the regular belts.

One thing I would recommend is to get the extra holes with closer spacing, I ended up putting more holes in two of the three to get em fitting just right. Other than that, they've been great at a great price - I highly recommend.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I have 3 of the Bullhide belts. They carry a 1911,spare mag and knife no problem. I also recommend getting the 3/4 inch spacing on the holes. Check out their sales the deals are pretty good.

I have a Jerry Bissell belt and a Beltman. I prefer Jerry's work.

jbissell@triad.rr.com

Mailing Address
    Jerry Bissell
    2297 Turkey Ford Road
    Mount Airy, NC 27030

Yes, I've been using one for about a year and it's been very reliable. It's gone all day hauling an IWB holster on a motorcycle and held it tight and comfortable. About the only thing I've done to the belt is treat it with some leather conditioner every couple of months.
    The belt was very reasonably priced, too. (I don't have any connection with the company.)
    The pen may be mightier than the sword, but a .45 caliber sword on the right hip can come in pretty handy sometime.

How does their sizing work out for you? Do you really need to add 4" to your pant size like they recommend?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

The sizing worked out fine. I used the measuring method they recommended on the website and the belt fit very well. I believe they also offer a pretty good guarantee if you have any issues.
    Regardless of whatever brand you pick, getting a good solid gun belt is the key to comfort and safety.
    The pen may be mightier than the sword, but a .45 caliber sword on the right hip can come in pretty handy sometime.

I have two of them and they're very good belts. The service is fast and they're good folks. That said, when I get a new belt it will be an Armour Belt. The BullhideBelts belts are kind of "cooking cutter" off-the-rack pieces where Armour are made to your specs. Also, the BullhideBelts are one piece of leather; as I learn more about belts I realized that the ones that are 2 layers stitched together are stiffer and retain their stiffness longer. No knock at all aon BH, they're just a little more entry level. But I'll probably get several more years of use out of mine (as long as it fits- I've been steadily dropping pounds. Will probably need a new belt by early winter).
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Links