Hanks Amish CCW Belts

This is a discussion on Hanks Amish CCW Belts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is anyone using one of these? Hanks Clothing Amish Belts - CCW Belts - Free Shipping How do you like it? How many holes do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Hanks Amish CCW Belts

Hanks Amish CCW Belts

Is anyone using one of these?

Hanks Clothing Amish Belts - CCW Belts - Free Shipping

How do you like it? How many holes do they punch in it? What is the spacing?

dgunnut
    mikesMP9c likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I have one like on the far right in the link. It's a good belt with 8 holes on mine. While it may not be up to par with a $100 gun belt, it doesn't cost $100 either. My opinion is try one. If it doesn't work out for CC, you still have a nice heavy-duty casual belt.
    CWOLDOJAX likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I got my first "gun belt" this year, it was a Bullhide Bullbelt. I thought the one I had was a tough belt for CC, but after the Bullbelt, I couldn't believe how stiff it was. It was black, so I needed a Brown one. I decided on the Amish belt, mainly based on price. It's a good quality belt with a simple design. It's better than my original belt, but not nearly as stiff as the Bullbelt. I have since ordered A Better Belt's "Perfect Belt" and love it. It is in the $100 range though, so if you don't want to spend a lot the Amish belt would be adequate. My Amish belt just hangs in the closet now, however. You get what you pay for nowadays.
    M&P Shield 9mm for EDC
    Ruger P90 for the nightstand

I do not have experience with Hanks Amish belt. I have had this "A Better Belt" for a few months. I think it's a great value at $59.95.

I've had mine for about a year, it is a nice belt. It's seems like it's starting to stretch a little. I'm going to try to get another year out of it.

Ideally I would like a belt that works well for under $40, I would go 10-20 higher if it's quite a bit better, but can't go as high as 100 right now.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by dgunnut View Post
    Ideally I would like a belt that works well for under $40, I would go 10-20 higher if it's quite a bit better, but can't go as high as 100 right now.

As a starter belt, and as long as you aren't trying to hand a big gun on it you should be OK. I carried for a while with my old regular leather belt, and the Amish belt is definitely an upgrade on that.
    M&P Shield 9mm for EDC

This is for full size carry of SA XD.

My belt has eight holes Guessing they are a half inch apart. I will be buying more soon. The belt works fine for CC I carry a 30 ounce gun when fully loaded. I am happy with it.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Dual layer double stitched gun belt

Heres one that just over your price range but is stll under the $100 mark by quite a bit. The two layers will make it stand up to everyday carry much better that even the thickest single ply belt. This will support a full sized gun without streaching or bending for many years. That stiffness is what keeps the gun from moving when you run or reach. It will add to your comfort, and help keep it concieled by keeping the gun still. DR
    Ndpuckhead likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    Dual layer double stitched gun belt

Heres one that just over your price range but is stll under the $100 mark by quite a bit. The two layers will make it stand up to everyday carry much better that even the thickest single ply belt. This will support a full sized gun without streaching or bending for many years. That stiffness is what keeps the gun from moving when you run or reach. It will add to your comfort, and help keep it concieled by keeping the gun still. DR
    Is this one you own? What is the finish like, it's difficult to tell in the photo?

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    I have two from this company and we have given two more as gifts to our older sons who carry. I have this one in black and brown.

The Ultimate Belt ($69.95) ~ Dual Layer Gun Belts - A Better Belt USA

It has a nice polished finish that has held up well. both are over 5 years old and worn daily. DR

Quote Originally Posted by dgunnut View Post
    This is for full size carry of SA XD.

I carry all steel 1911 I own two of the Hanks and am very happy with them FWIW

If you order by midnight tomorrow, us code: LABORDAY to save 15%
    Aceoky likes this.
    M&P Shield 9mm for EDC

I have one. For the price it is a good belt. I have to cinch it a little tighter than some of my stiffer belts.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links