Quality belt choices

Quality belt choices

This is a discussion on Quality belt choices within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am familiar with the Belt Man belts. What else is comparable?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Quality belt choices

Quality belt choices

I am familiar with the Belt Man belts. What else is comparable?

I've never seen, held or tried a Beltman belt, so I can't say what's comparable. But...

I currently own a Looper Leather gun belt. I think it's a great piece of craftsmanship, and it does a decent job at keeping my pants up while I'm carrying.

My buddy, Travis, owns an Armour belt, and I checked it out a couple weeks ago. Holy moly. Based on initial observation without trying it on, the Armour is better quality than the Looper. The Armour is thicker, sturdier and stiffer.

So, I ordered an Armour tonight and will hopefully have it sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingcontact View Post
    I am familiar with the Belt Man belts. What else is comparable?
    I first acquired one from Kramer, a fairly stiff duty belt, 1.5" width. Incredibly stiff, somewhat uncomfortable for me because of that. Wouldn't budge, with the heaviest loads; great, from that perspective, but I'd always wished it had a bit more give.

Went to a couple of BeltMan belts, 1.5" width, tapered end. Stiff enough for the heaviest loads I carry. After 7+ years, the two belts I have had slowly softened up, though not to the point of compromising carry. Very comfortable, durable, reliable. Nowhere near as stiff as the Kramer, but fully stiff enough to get the job done, yet comfortable enough to make a difference. Excellent choice.

Just acquired a 1.5" gun belt from Armour Belts. "Holy Moly!" is a good way to describe them. Stiffer, initially, than the BeltMan belts. Thicker, too. Won't budge, with similar load-out, as compared to the equivalent BeltMan (7+ yr old) belts. Yet, comfortable enough for daily use, despite the solid stiffness. Finish seems to mar a bit more easily than the BeltMan belts, but mostly that's on the inside; exterior is still pristine. Very good quality. Don't know what it'll be like in 7yrs, but so far it's a winner and my preference over the BeltMan belts. A good alternative, where someone loves the utility of the BeltMan, but wants something stiffer/firmer but without that iron-clad, super-stiff, uncomfortable feel that some "duty" belts can have. Priced right, at $65 shipped.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

+1 on Armour Belts

Only owned a -Ridgid Holsters- belt.
    +1 in my eyes.
    Criminals don't register guns.
    I carry a gun because a policeman is to heavy.
    M&P 40 FS
    M&P 40c
    S&W 638
    Ruger Security Six

The best belt I have used is the Comp Tec Minotaur. 2 think pieces of high quality leather with a strip of Kydex the length of the belt. It looks really good on and will not sag

Go Seahawks!

I like the classic Wilderness Instructor belts - they do the job with light weight, good durability, great price.

I've used High Noon's Rock Steady Gunbelt for several years and have been very pleased with it. Here it is with my Ed Brown & Tucker Gunleather! Next belt will probably be from Tucker to match basket weave holster on order from them!

image.jpg
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

VIP Member
    Love this one.

Available at Bass Pro for around $40.

Have an Aker belt I just bought recently that I wear at work. Nice high quality leather belt that is very stiff due to a layer of kydex. Didn't break the bank either which is always nice. I highly recommend taking a look.

Distinguished Member
    Been really happy with my Bullhide belts. Also have to give major praise to S.O.E. gear belts, I use one for IDPA - completely adjustable and super heavy duty. I could wear two guns and mags galore with that belt and have no problems, and their company/owner seems top notch.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I have heard great things out of Hanks Amish belts, planning on picking me one up for only $30, hard to beat that

Quote Originally Posted by skatalite View Post
    So, I ordered an Armour tonight and will hopefully have it sooner than later.
    I hope he makes yours quickly - because he can't make the one I ordered today until yours is finished ;)
    Mikedare and skatalite like this.
    EDCs: Ed Brown Kobra Carry 1911, HK P2000SK .40
    BUGs: Sig Sauer P938, Ruger LCP
    Belts: Armour | Holsters: Tucker, Sparks, Comp-Tac
    ____
    Former LEO and USAF Security Forces

I got mine from Al. AG Custom Gun Leather | Premium Hand Crafted Leather Belts

Been a great belt. I have the internal stiffener and the difference in it and a double thick leather belt is amazing.

Excellent Service From J B Gun Belts

Jerry Bissell belts. I have one of his and one from Beltman. I prefer the Bissell. BUT, I can't find the guy's website any more. Wondering if he's still in business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links