Milt Sparks VM2 - kydex clips?

This is a discussion on Milt Sparks VM2 - kydex clips? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking at buying a Milt Sparks VM2, and have been considering adding the optional kydex clips to the package for scenarios where ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By swinokur

Thread: Milt Sparks VM2 - kydex clips?

I have been looking at buying a Milt Sparks VM2, and have been considering adding the optional kydex clips to the package for scenarios where I would like to tuck in my shirt. I was wondering if anybody on the forum had done this, and if so what were their thoughts on the experience. If somebody could provide some pictures that showed me how it looks, that'd be an added bonus.

Also, any other commentary on the holster is appreciated. I have heard good things about Milt, but you can never have too much information when making a purchase decision.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I carry a G27 in a VM2 and have never used the clips.

Quote Originally Posted by palmcoaster View Post
    I carry a G27 in a VM2 and have never used the clips.
    Do you ever carry with your shirt tucked in over the weapon?

How is the comfort level and what are your general opinions of the holster?

I have 2 VM2 and love them. I bought a set of the kydex clips, tried them once and they now sit in the drawer. The problem I have with tucking in my shirt is that it ends up being several inches of shirt tail that has to get out of the way before I can get to the gun. Also, since I carry at abut 3:30 I could not get my left hand around to do the pulling so it quickly became evident that tucking was not for me.

I prefer an untucked shirt. These days there are a lot of good quality, nice looking straight bottomed shirts on the market besides Hawaiian styles, though I do own several of those too.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell47 View Post
    I have 2 VM2 and love them. I bought a set of the kydex clips, tried them once and they now sit in the drawer. The problem I have with tucking in my shirt is that it ends up being several inches of shirt tail that has to get out of the way before I can get to the gun. Also, since I carry at abut 3:30 I could not get my left hand around to do the pulling so it quickly became evident that tucking was not for me.

I prefer an untucked shirt. These days there are a lot of good quality, nice looking straight bottomed shirts on the market besides Hawaiian styles, though I do own several of those too.
    Yeah, I typically go untucked but there may be times when I want to tuck. I already dress around the gun pretty well for the most part.

I decided to buy a couple C clips for my comp-tac minotaur, and see how that goes. I really like the look of the VM2 and may decide to splurge later down the line to get one with horsehide and the sharkskin accents. I have an insane amount of stuff on my "to-buy" list, like a Daniel Defense AR and ammo to go with it, a sporting clays shotgun, a tactical shotgun, a VM2, and the list just keeps growing. I guess it's one of those things that happens when you have a passion for an expensive hobby.

I own 4 of them. I tried the clips and went back to the leather belt clips. If I want to tuck, I use my Theis hybrid.
    liquid150 likes this.

I've used the VM II for some time now. Love it. The kydex clips take a little extra work, and some practice, to get right.
    Worth it, IMO. I like options.

Sponsored Links