Thoughts on Pager Pal Carry?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Pager Pal Carry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone used the pager pal to carry there CCW? I was considering purchasing one and was wondering what are your thoughts and suggestions might ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Pager Pal Carry?

Thoughts on Pager Pal Carry?

Has anyone used the pager pal to carry there CCW? I was considering purchasing one and was wondering what are your thoughts and suggestions might be. Is it really as comfortable as they say it is?

Here is the link for pager pal for those of you that need it.

https://www.pagerpal.com

================================================== ==========================
    Sorry should have probably posted this on the Concealed Carry Holsters & Carry Options section. Just realized it. My bad.
    ================================================== ==========================

2. Remove Ads

I had one once and was not impressed. My other holsters work very well be they IWB or OWB, comfort is rarely an issue for me even with my largest and heaviest guns. If you want deep concealment and comfort I would recommend a small semi-auto (like a Rohrbaugh) or a small revo (- S&W 642) in a well made pocket holster - they draw quickly, are light and comfortable, and are very, very concealable. Just my .02!!!
    You do your thing, I'll do mine...

NRA Lifer, RSO, Instructor

VIP Member
    They are slow, overly expensive for what it is, and not all that great. I would tell you to get a tuckable IWB to serve the same purpose. If you don't trust that, go with a smart carry or even belly band.

**Belly bands can be fast if you're willing to do what it takes. Simply take the bottons off of your button down shirts and then sew them onto the button holes so it looks like the shirt it buttoned. Then put velcro on the shirt to close it in place of the no longer functional buttons. You can get to your belly band quickly, and you're pretty well certain not to end up showing the weapon on accident.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I moved it to carry holster forum

My thoughts are who carries a pager anymore you just don't see them and maybe im just more observant than the average bear but everyone has cell phones now

a pager is out of place

also the design just dont look that hot in the first place

VIP Member
    Tried one. Didn't like it. Big flap of leather with a pocket in it. It rode low and was very difficult to get the gun from. It was uncomfortable and IMO cheaply made. Yes you can clip whatever you want on to them, but it just didn't work for me. You mileage may vary.

I use IWB and pocket holsters for the application the pager pal was/is for.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

I have one. It now resides with the rest of my 'cost of learning' items. Save your money because this is a total waste of it.

Maybe 5-10 years ago the "pager look" would have helped with stealthy carry...not now....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Ive got one for a NAA Guardian, which I no longer have, that I will sell real cheap but I won't go to the time, trouble and expense of shipping it.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

It's a very expensive leather coaster.
    There are no problems in life too large to be handled by the use of small arms and high explosives

In god we trust, all others are suspects

$10.00 transfers in Houston, Texas

I tried one at the gun show. My wife assessed the look. She said it looked like a I a "really large package."

I was wanting clandestine, not John Holmes.

I passed on the purchase.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I have one of their ealier models, the telegraph pal, but it is exceptionally bulky, although slightly less then their later model, the ham radio pal.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    A big thumbs down. I bought one for a buck. Tried it on once and passed it along. It's been in at least two more hands since I had it. Kinda gross, now that I think of it.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    I have one of their ealier models, the telegraph pal, but it is exceptionally bulky, although slightly less then their later model, the ham radio pal.
    Be glad you didn't try Smoke Signal Pal!

only cops and doctors have pagers. plus it does not ride well when you are driving.

I have two of them, the large and small size. They are relegated to the drawer of unused holsters. Uncomfortable, even with a pistol as small as a Kel-Tec P3AT. For a BUG, I find a pocket holster works much, much better, and for a primary carry piece (such as my 1911), a holster from any of the fine craftsmen who frequent this site will provide a superior method for concealibilty and accessibility.

The best use for the Pager Pal I've heard of is for use as a "file drawer" holster, hanging over one of the file drawer dividers.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links