Need help with Mag Carrier

This is a discussion on Need help with Mag Carrier within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Alright, I need help figuring out a decent way to carry an extra magazine. I just picked up a glock 26, so I would like ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Need help with Mag Carrier

Need help with Mag Carrier

Alright, I need help figuring out a decent way to carry an extra magazine. I just picked up a glock 26, so I would like one for that and for my 1911. What are your recommendations and why? I have an IWB mag carrier from Bianchi that I don't like. It has a leather backing that keeps the mag away from my body, but it also makes it hard to grab the magazine. I was looking at the Magholder, the SHTF gear mag carrier, and Kytex. Anything else I should consider? What did you end up with and why?
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Personally I favor the OWB mag carriers.

When carrying a gun IWB the last thing I want is more on the other side.

For the 26 I use a double mag carrier, usually with two 10 round mags. Small, comfortable and 30 rounds is plenty.

...I use an IWB nylon mag carrier that's cut straight across the top and about 1 1/2 of the mag sticks up...easy to grab...and washable...
    Aceoky likes this.

There is a new one, just came out, that may suit your needs.
    Its called the "SnagMag".

Here: Gear test: SnagMag - a product you wish you invented it's so good | The Daily Caller

Hope this helps.
    Kennydale likes this.

I use two of the OWB "mag pouch" holders from RM Holster works and like them a lot. They ride close and high, hold the mags tight, and are extremely flexible placement wise since each is separate. And, for $20 apiece they are pretty reasonably priced.

Home Page

Like the idea of the Snagmag - good find!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
    - Samuel Adams

Member: NRA, GOAL

I read about the snagmag in Massad Ayoobs book. A bit expensive, but I really like the idea of being able to hooking it into a pant pocket.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Lead Moderator
    I have used pocket mag carriers and multi tool or knife cases as well as OWB leather or kydex carriers. They all work, just depends on cover garment choices.
    Aceoky likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

This is the second posting on a forum for Snagmag i read today.

I use a pocket pouch. I wear Cinch jeans and their deeper pockets really work great with it. The only problem is losing a pocket. But I can carry my small set of keys and my money clip in one pocket.
    I do like the OWB pouches however with a T shirt they print kinda funky. It could pass as a Leatherman but it just bugs me. However when I travel into Western North Dakota for work I'll usually carry a 27 mag OWB and a 23 magazine in my pocket. The oil fields are a scary place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Takeem406 View Post
    I use a pocket pouch. I wear Cinch jeans and their deeper pockets really work great with it. The only problem is losing a pocket. But I can carry my small set of keys and my money clip in one pocket.
    I do like the OWB pouches however with a T shirt they print kinda funky. It could pass as a Leatherman but it just bugs me. However when I travel into Western North Dakota for work I'll usually carry a 27 mag OWB and a 23 magazine in my pocket. The oil fields are a scary place.

I looked at a mag carrier like this, but I would lose a whole pocket. I think if I go the pocket route I would go with like the snag mag and put it in a cargo pocket. Otherwise I am considering a belt mag carrier, but wanted to get some ideas on horizontal vs the vertical if I go that route.

Yeah losing a pocket isn't good. I really got it for my dress pants for Church and no other way to carry a mag. Then I started using it daily.
    I used to wear Wranglers however their pockets are small and shallow, not good. Cinch makes a good pocket though.

I use Galco's QMC (Quick Magazine Carrier), but I just checked their website and they are more expensive than when I bought them. I think they're great, but maybe too pricey.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.

The SnagMag seems very interesting, a bit pricey though. I might give it a try. My recommendation is a Glock 26 Magazine Pocket Protector - SneakyPete. The g26 mags are kind of thick, but 1911 mags are ideal for this (IMHO). They also make them with belt clips.

Quote Originally Posted by NYHawk View Post
    The SnagMag seems very interesting, a bit pricey though. I might give it a try. My recommendation is a Glock 26 Magazine Pocket Protector - SneakyPete. The g26 mags are kind of thick, but 1911 mags are ideal for this (IMHO). They also make them with belt clips.
    I wonder if the belt clip model could clip into a pocket and pull off the same look as a snag mag. Otherwise I would think that smooth leather would come out of the pocket with the magazine if you pulled it fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links