How many people use a bellyband

This is a discussion on How many people use a bellyband within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I always hear people talk about iwd , owb or pocket carry. Just curios how many use a bellyband. I have used 1 for 2yrs ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many people use a bellyband

I always hear people talk about iwd , owb or pocket carry. Just curios how many use a bellyband. I have used 1 for 2yrs and love it.

Not For Me...

How big do they make them? Can you really see your gun?

I'll stick to IWB...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I used one several years ago and haven't thought about it till reading you post.
    Now I can't remember where it is.
    I liked it for deep concelment - where I worked back then that was what I needed.
    I have no problems with it as far as I can remember.
    For God, Family and Country!

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I use it with sweatpants....although a few times I put my 442 in it and wore my jeans over it (baggy jeans with loose fitting waistbands tend to not work as well with holsters for me)...worked great....as long as it isn't too warm out.....

Use it a lot in the summer, when outer cover is suspect.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

I use a belly band occasionally. I wear it around the chest and the gun sits under my left shoulder similar to a vertical shoulder holster.

I bought it at a gun show but here is a link to it online.

http://www.holstersrus.com/product_i...oducts_id/1644

Pros: conceals VERY well. Since it is worn under my shirt no concealing vest/jacket is needed. I use it for deep concealment when I absolutely cannot risk being made.

Cons: Maybe not the fastest draw (although I typically use a shirt with "snaps" instead of buttons).

Mine requires an undershirt to be comfortable. It also seems a little "warm". The last couple of times I wore it my gun was drenched with sweat. - I know many of you don't see this as a problem but this is my only mode of carry where that happens.

It has been washed a few times now and I can see that it won't last forever. If this was my primary means of carry I would expect to replace it every 3-6 months

Comments: I DO like it and will keep one (I currently have 2) because occasionally I have a need for it. My only real complaint is that mine seems to allow a lot of sweat to get to the gun. Maybe other brands are better about this. Other than that it works very well for me.

YMMV

VIP Member
    I have one of those Bianchi belly bands that was recommended for years by Massad Ayoob.....I've only used it once or twice and now has about it's sixth inch of dust over it.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Assistant Administrator
    I think Betty uses one sometimes.

I bought a Action Direct belly band ages ago and found it no good for low use - kept riding up. It could work OK for chest use but being black it's not very practical color - flesh color would be useful.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I sometimes use the kangarro carry with my PM9.

However some one did touch my chest one time felt the band and asked if I had hurt my ribs. When I said no he then went and asked my wife if I had hurt my ribs (he though it might have been a wrap cracked ribs).

http://www.kangarooind.com/

I found one of the old Bianchi ones NIB a while back. Thought I really had something! Tried it a few times and quickly decided to stick with a regular IWB holster or pocket carry.

Quote Originally Posted by John Wesley View Post
    I use a belly band occasionally. I wear it around the chest and the gun sits under my left shoulder similar to a vertical shoulder holster.
    Same here, and like your comment, I needed a "wife beater" or t-shirt under it, since it seemed a bit harsh on the hide.

Not the fastest access, but put the gun with me when other methods wouldn't work.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I also use one as a chest band to carry a J frame BUG. It has also served as primary carry on rare occasions.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I use one when/if the situation warrants. I much prefer strong side, IWB; but that's not always possible, especially in the summer. Even though the BB isn't my "go to" carry method, it's very versatile and I'll always have one.

I actually used it as an IWB a few times by turning the pocket to the strong side and adjusting it between 3 & 5 oclock. I adjusted the elevation (gun butt) to the height I wanted, and put jeans with a tight belt. It was very secure that way, but drawing still was hindered a bit. But, it served the purpose I needed. YMMV.

Tony

The Action Direct belly band was my first concealment purchase. At first, I used it as deep concealment, like a Smart Carry. Then, like Cray says, I turned it to strong side at 3-4 oclock, adjusted the height and used it as IWB. It worked well enough that way I stayed with it for a while. I have IWB holsters now, but on certain occasions, I still use the BB. It's nice to have as an alternative.
    A stupid question is the one you won't ask!

I've been using a Galco UnderWraps belly band at work for the past few months. My EDC gun is a 3" Kimber 1911. It nestles in nicely at 4 o'clock at my waist. My belt keeps it tight to my body.

I use the UnderWraps because the dress code at work requires all shirts to be tucked in. A dress or camp shirt covers it well. Knit shirts like polos aren't as good, as they seem to cling to the gun when stretched across it (such as when bending over).

The downside is comfort. My Tucker Gunleather "The Answer" holster has me spoiled. I can carry 12-16 hours per day with no pain, fatigue, or "hitching up the trousers." After about 6 hours of sitting with the UnderWraps, I begin to notice the muzzle pressing into my butt. After 12 hours, I'm glad to get it off.

YMMV one hell of a lot.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links