FoxX Holsters "Little FoxX" Review

This is a discussion on FoxX Holsters "Little FoxX" Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered my FoxX holster this past Friday and I already received my Little FoxX in the mail today (Tuesday) for my M&P Shield 9mm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: FoxX Holsters "Little FoxX" Review

I ordered my FoxX holster this past Friday and I already received my Little FoxX in the mail today (Tuesday) for my M&P Shield 9mm with Lasermax Centerfire Laser so I thought I'd share my initial impressions with you guys. Let me first start off by saying dealing with FoxX was great the customer service was top notch they kept me informed every step of the way from order confirmation, to when it shipped complete with tracking number, and the turnaround was lightning fast I had my holster four days after placing my order. So for those of you not familiar with the Little FoxX it's a hybrid style tuck-able with one clip instead of two, the do make the full hybrid style with two clips as well as all kydex designs.

Pros:
    The holster is super comfortable and disappears under a shirt. The belt clip cant can be adjusted for straight up and down or forward cant so for those of you who carry AIWB this is the holster you've been searching for. My wife also carries the Shield from time to time and she prefers to carry at the 3:00 position with the straight up and down cant so this will work out great for her as well. The leather is not to bad against your skin like I've read in some reviews and I can imagine after it's broke in it'll get good and soft. I like that it comes standard with the combat cut so you can get a full purchase on the grip when drawing. As I mentioned I have the Lasermax on my Shield, a cool feature which I don't know if it was intended but cool none the less is the laser deactivates when re-holstering and even cooler the laser comes on when you draw the firearm! I tried repeatedly to draw and not have the laser come on just to see if it was possible and it turned on every time I drew which I think is really cool. I also tried repeatedly to re-holster and have the laser remain activated in the holster and I was relieved when I could not make that happen. The kydex belt clip is fantastic it hooks underneath the belt perfectly and is very discreet it blends right in to a black belt, I have a 1.5" Galco SB3.

Cons:
    A couple minor negatives that definitely are not a deal breaker are the retention for me is a bit to tight for my liking but I know this is easily remedied with a hairdryer and an unloaded firearm so I will be contacting the owner of FoxX Ray Watson to have him walk me through the process. The second minor negative for me is the fact that it is a bit difficult to re-holster without removing the holster first because with the forward cant a bit of your pants material gets in the way, it's not impossible but just a bit difficult but again this is not a deal breaker for me because I myself do not do a lot of re-holstering being it's a defensive weapon. I do believe it's due to the design so that when using it with the cant adjusted straight up and down then the kydex would be level with your belt line, thus when the forward cant comes into play the front part of the kydex sits just below the belt line.

So would I recommend the Little FoxX to others ABSOLUTELY! I score it a 9 out of 10! So here are some pics.

Kennydale and TDH1961 like this.
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Again this was just my initial impressions. I'll be sure to continue to update this review as I wear the holster more.
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

I have one for my SR40C and I love it. It is a great holster for easy on / easy off. Oddly enough, i dont have any of the issues that you do for yours.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Good review, I ordered one for my sr9c last night.
    If I like it I will order one for my shield 9.
    I saw the foxx holster page on Facebook tonight that they have a new kydex belt clip that will raise the holster 3\4 of an inch, might want to check it out to solve the re holster is sure.

I've been looking at the Foxx holster for my SCCY as its the only hybrid for the SCCY i've found. I prefer the twin clip version like the Crossbreed I have for a Bersa.

Sara Lou
    Just because i'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I have one for my SR40C and I love it. It is a great holster for easy on / easy off. Oddly enough, i dont have any of the issues that you do for yours.
    Not so much an issue more personal preference. I don't believe the retention is abnormally tight it's just my personal preference to have it looser than normal. And as for the re-holstering I may look into the new clip that raises it a bit, but honestly it doesn't bother me as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt5164 View Post
    Good review, I ordered one for my sr9c last night.
    If I like it I will order one for my shield 9.
    I saw the foxx holster page on Facebook tonight that they have a new kydex belt clip that will raise the holster 3\4 of an inch, might want to check it out to solve the re holster is sure.
    You will love it for your SR9C
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    I have one for a Nano with Centerfire laser. My only two complaints are that I actually cannot get a full purchase on the grip when drawing the gun, because the kydex and leather are in the way. I may have to trim some leather off of mine for a better draw grip. My other issue is the clip. I really wish it had a metal clip similar to the hybrid holsters they sell, instead of a kydex one. To me, the kydex clip is just too thick and cumbersome. I have a 31" waist, and the cliup when worn appendix, is very obvious. This combined with the bulk of the gun makes me look like I have a massive tumor under my shirt.

I just ordered the hybrid holster from them for the same gun to give that a try instead.

DSCF8091_zps3e0b5804.jpg
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    I have one for a Nano with Centerfire laser. My only two complaints are that I actually cannot get a full purchase on the grip when drawing the gun, because the kydex and leather are in the way. I may have to trim some leather off of mine for a better draw grip. My other issue is the clip. I really wish it had a metal clip similar to the hybrid holsters they sell, instead of a kydex one. To me, the kydex clip is just too thick and cumbersome. I have a 31" waist, and the cliup when worn appendix, is very obvious. This combined with the bulk of the gun makes me look like I have a massive tumor under my shirt.

I just ordered the hybrid holster from them for the same gun to give that a try instead.

DSCF8091_zps3e0b5804.jpg
    As Bullit5164 stated Foxx has a new clip available for the Little Foxx which raises the holster 3/4 of an inch which would possibly allow for a better purchase.

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    I have a Theis holster that looks much like that one does and I love it. I have always carried AIWB, but am considering trying the 3-4 o'clock with a White Hat max tuck OWB holster. Of course, to get a max tuck backing for OWB, I had to do a custom order, but they said it would be no problem.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

This goes along with my review of the hybrid holster just perfect!

Foxx Hybrid Holster Continuous Review

Got my little foxx holster in the mail today and tried it on and it does sit about a 1/4" below the top of my pants.
    The holster feels and looks good and a little easier to put on and take off than the ones with two clips.
    So tonight I will order two offset clips and another little foxx for my shield. Did not mean to hijack

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt5164 View Post
    Got my little foxx holster in the mail today and tried it on and it does sit about a 1/4" below the top of my pants.
    The holster feels and looks good and a little easier to put on and take off than the ones with two clips.
    So tonight I will order two offset clips and another little foxx for my shield. Did not mean to hijack
    Please let us know how the offset clip works out. I'm thinking of getting one myself.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    I have the J-hook clip for my Little FoxX on the way here, myself. I think I figured out what could be done to fix the issue with the draw on mine. The rivet flange on the trigger-side of the holster is in the way. If the leather was trimmed back, and that flange was folded behind the gun instead of the opposite direction, it'd not only make the draw a lot easier, it'd make the holster physically smaller, too.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

VIP Member
    Agreed...have long been a fan (about a year...that's a long time in the holster world, right?) of the Little FoxX for my M&P Full Size 9. I definitely recommend this, my FoxX Trapp and FoxX Holsters in general to all I can.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links