My Glock 19, Sig 938, Colt 1911 holsters

This is a discussion on My Glock 19, Sig 938, Colt 1911 holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glock: I use my coat pocket. Or stick it in a camera bag, if I have my camera equipment. Or a backpack or such. I ...

Thread: My Glock 19, Sig 938, Colt 1911 holsters

Glock: I use my coat pocket. Or stick it in a camera bag, if I have my camera equipment. Or a backpack or such. I do have a nice leather belt holster but never got used to those behind the hip holsters on a large gun.

Sig 938: I use a DeSantis pocket holster. It goes in front pocket on baggy pants, and back pocket with jeans.

Colt 1911: I use a Blackhawk SERPA holster. I suppose if I carried openly, I'd use one of their tactical holsters. I kind of prefer a holster that locks the gun in, for 1911. These are even larger than my Glock but I kind of got used to carrying a 1911 in an upright and on the side, when I was shooting IPSC.
    USMC 1963-1967
    The best carry gun in the world is worthless, if it's home in a safe.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSD View Post
    Glock: I use my coat pocket. Or stick it in a camera bag, if I have my camera equipment. Or a backpack or such. I do have a nice leather belt holster but never got used to those behind the hip holsters on a large gun.

Sig 938: I use a DeSantis pocket holster. It goes in front pocket on baggy pants, and back pocket with jeans.

Colt 1911: I use a Blackhawk SERPA holster. I suppose if I carried openly, I'd use one of their tactical holsters. I kind of prefer a holster that locks the gun in, for 1911. These are even larger than my Glock but I kind of got used to carrying a 1911 in an upright and on the side, when I was shooting IPSC.
    I hope you have that Glock in a holster that properly covers the trigger while it is in your pocket or in your camera bag or in your backpack or wherever else you might be carrying it. If you don't please stop carrying it without a holster.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member
    I have all three guns. Try an MTAC for the Glock. Real comfortable and I have bad hips and back. The MTAC holster allows for a lot user settings to get the right cant, height, etc.. For me, IWB carry of anything is much more comfortable with a hybrid type holster.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

Sponsored Links