Most Comfortable Shoulder Rig ?

This is a discussion on Most Comfortable Shoulder Rig ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Whats the best concealing,most comfortable shoulder rig for a kimber ultra carry with 1 extra mag ?thanks sj...

Thread: Most Comfortable Shoulder Rig ?

Most Comfortable Shoulder Rig ?

Whats the best concealing,most comfortable shoulder rig for a kimber ultra carry with 1 extra mag ?thanks sj

2. Remove Ads

Administrator

Usually with any shoulder rig you're best served with having 2 (sometimes 3) fully loaded magazines on the non~gun side in order to better balance the weight of the firearm.
    The human body seems to like approximately the same amount of weight on both sides. Your gun will actually feel lighter - the more balanced you are overall.

Be forewarned that any shoulder rig will need a couple of weeks to get used to when carrying any substantial weight firearm at the shoulder for any extended period of time.

Way back when....it took me a couple of weeks to get comfortable with carrying a full size full weight Government Model - especially after 6 or so hours. These days I don't notice it at at all and for me it's probably the most comfortable and least obtrusive way for me to carry all day long.

That would be since the human body normally never has any weight pulling downward on that muscle/area. Expect a modest amount of discomfort until your body acclimates to the unusual weight.

Try to avoid any shoulder rig with a real thin width strap over the shoulder area.

My shoulder "harness system" is custom made from a very soft and pliable leather called Orthopedic Elk Skin - (with my Wife's help) I custom made and fit mine to myself and it's extremely comfortable.

Usually the wider the strap is that sits directly atop the shoulder the more comfortable the rig will be.

Try to get your harness adjusted so that the firearm is higher up under the non gun arm...up close to the armpit. Do not hang your firearm all the way down near your belt like they do in the Detective movies...as that is a fairly clumsy and dumb way to position and cart a firearm around all day.

The above is all my personal opinion...others may not totally agree.

Fist #70...

I have this for my Kimber Ultra CDP II...gun on cross-draw side...extra mag on strong side...no balance problem...no 'tie-downs' required...
    One hand draw and re-holster...
    Works very well...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    In my opinion stick with leather. You can buy lots of shoulder holsters in nylon for $30 or less. The problem I have with them is they have elastic staps. The elastic straps seem to turn and twist on you and after a while will take that form. A leather holster is not that much heavier and will last a lot longer.

ret,is the #70 leather?I've tried one of those nylon one size fits all,didn't care for it at all.I want one that is fitted for that particular gun.thanks. sj
    from the research I've been doing it looks like I will probably be going with the maimi clasic for the price.I also like the looks of the fist #70,but by the time you buy the harness,holster and mag carrier,you are looking at over $200.00.I've seen the classic as low as $126.00 on the internet.This is the way I will probably go. sj
    Last edited by sjones; December 2nd, 2006 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Usually with any shoulder rig you're best served with having 2 (sometimes 3) fully loaded magazines on the non~gun side in order to better balance the weight of the firearm.
    I love my Sigs, but that's one area GLOCK guns shine real well. Being 80% lighter than others in the same size class, they work out pretty well for that. My GLOCK 17 with two additional magazines on the other side feel pretty much even. My P229 though, with 2 mags on the other side, still feels heavier :-/
    "I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four-wheel drive.. a country boy can survive..." - Hank Williams, Jr.

miami classic 2

Well,I really get impatient to get things,so I just now ordered a miami classic 2 .so I guess this discussion doesn't matter any more.I'll tell you how I like it once I get it in and start on the adjustment procedures.sj

Links