Best belly band for Glock 27?

This is a discussion on Best belly band for Glock 27? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a belly band for days when gym shorts and t-shirt is the attire. Seems like a whole other mission with so many choices, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Best belly band for Glock 27?

Looking for a belly band for days when gym shorts and t-shirt is the attire. Seems like a whole other mission with so many choices, so I'm looking to pull info and recommendations from the pool here.

Does color matter (dark showing through light colored shirt)?

Does anyone use a belly band with medium sized pistol ie. Glock 26/27?

Retention?

I like to do walks around the neighborhood, am I limited to walkiing with it? Do you run too?

Sweat on the gun?

Washable?

Thanks for any info........

Sauce

I'd roll with AIWB for that attire....but to each their own.

Check out the ICE belly band?

Or any other one that goes around your belly... :)

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    There are a couple of different ones out.I use the one below.It will work for a gun the size of a GL26/27.I use it a good bit mostly when i bike ride or run.The website is www.pistolwear.com.There is a place for a mag.I usually let it soak in something and wash by hand and let it dry.

pistolwear2 001.jpg
    Brent95 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
    Looking for a belly band for days when gym shorts and t-shirt is the attire. Seems like a whole other mission with so many choices, so I'm looking to pull info and recommendations from the pool here.
    Both Galco and DeSantis have a nice one that, if I recall, allows you to carry a wallet and cell phone etc in addition to a firearm and mags.
    Personally, I have a couple of the $12 ones from Amazon (one white, one black) that have spaces for your sidearm on one side, and two mags on the other side. I find them to work fantastically well, they are easily washable as all they consist of is elastic and velcro, I've had no issues with sweat on teh firearm as the elastic band has two layers of elastic over top for the holster portion that you separate to put the gun in. The only thing you really can't do with these is a one-handed re-holstering, since you have to separate the two layers of elastic to put the gun in.
    As for color, I prefer to use the white band for white or light shirts, and the black one if I'm wearing the band with dark pants and heavier shirts, so if any of it gets a bit exposed, it isn't blindingly obvious what it is. It's a shame nobody seems to make one that's more of a flesh tone color. That would be perfect.

These are the ones I use:
    Amazon.com: Belly Band Gun Concealment Holster: Sports & Outdoors
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drgnfly View Post
    I'd roll with AIWB for that attire....but to each their own.
    AIWB, with gym shorts (elastic waist band, no belt) Really? You must have really tight pants, or a really light weight gun.
    Manderinobyebye and Drgnfly like this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Moving this topic back up. Thanks for the info so far. To Drgnfly: how do you AIWB a mid-size pistol in gym shorts?

Thanks,
    Sauce

+1 for the Pistol Wear mentioned above. It is self-supporting with its own Velcro strap belt (not a whole "belly-band" type setup) and designed and advertised for active wear/use. I think jogging would fit the bill! It is light and airy, can be washed and has a magnet snap-closure on a flap over the pocket for the gun. Check them out at the link given. I think you'll like what you see.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

I will be watching this thread closely. I am some what looking for a belly band holster to wear when I bike. I like the look of the Pistol Wear holster but am just not quite sold. I think I just need to bite the bullet and try it.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    AIWB, with gym shorts (elastic waist band, no belt) Really? You must have really tight pants, or a really light weight gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
    Moving this topic back up. Thanks for the info so far. To Drgnfly: how do you AIWB a mid-size pistol in gym shorts?

Thanks,
    Sauce
    J-frame carries fine :o

Honestly? I've owned a Galco Belly Band for years. It fits a number of my carry guns & there's nothing "wrong" with it, yet I can't imagine it being my preferred holster in the majority of circumstances. IMHO, there are simply too many other carry options that DON'T include the short-comings of discomfort, heat, accessibility, etc. that I associate with bands.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    It's a shame nobody seems to make one that's more of a flesh tone color. That would be perfect.
    And whose flesh would you like it to match? Flesh comes in hundreds of colors. It is not just medium pinkish-brown skinned people who carry guns. But maybe, like makeup colors, they could "narrow it down" to 15 or so? That would be quite a wide line of merchandise!

Actually that might be a great marketing tool: You could have a "summer tan" belt and a "winter pale" one: twice as many sales for the company!
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Yeah, I've often wondered why Band Aids didn't offer a more "ethnic" selection. Maybe the majority of folks who cut themselves are pale, pasty-colored Caucasians?
    ccw9mm likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Galco. I have two of them; I use them for EDC (G30SF) and also for running/jogging (G26). In either case, I carry at the 9 o'clock position IWB cross-draw. The G26 is a fairly stout gun, but I take it on 12 mile runs and don't even notice. It stays close to my body with no bounce or movement. The gun does get sweat on it, but it's a Glock... tough finish, just wipe it down with a REM wipe afterward... These belly-bands are washable...

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Just fyi.The one from pistolwear does come in black,white,and a nude color.The nude color may be close to flesh color as one put it.I don't know,i just chose the dark one.

It is machine washable,i just choose to hand wash.It's 47.00 with shipping and all.There are some cheaper i'm guessing,but this one i just took a chance with,and i ended up liking it.I do have the crossbreed belly band,but i prefer the above a little better.

My Dad bought the one from pistol wear.He uses it when he walks,and wears shorts with no belt.He likes it,because the wide part of the band helps keep it from sliding down like the more narrower ones may. He carries the m&p40c in his.I checked it out,and seems to do the job.Since i can't get my ccp yet,won't do me much good buying one ugh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links